JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CurlyFrye (Offline)
New to JF

Monbukagakusho Scholarship - 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at graduate study in aesthetics/film in Japan and want to apply for the MEXT scholarship, but there's surprisingly little information available. Does anyone have any experience with this process? I'm especially interested in what the exams are like and how finely tuned they want your thesis proposal to be.

Thanks!

- Eliza
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-13-2007, 01:54 AM

have you check this site?

The Monbusho (Monbukagakusho) Scholars Homepage

I took the undergrad exam 11 years ago ( that long already ) , I got until the interview, but did not pass the final interview which is the assessment of all the applicants who pass the exam and first interview

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bluejay (Offline)
New to JF

04-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Hi Eliza,

I've been through the application and interview process and I'm now waiting for the embassy to let me know where they're going to place me. What would you like to know?

Steve
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jbsongaku (Offline)
New to JF

05-20-2007, 08:42 AM

Im an undergrad monbusho scholarship student. Although the process for undergrad and grad courses differs (at least in mexico) I do know alittle about what you need to do in order to get it.

If you have any questions, just ask.

@My other project, the Goal Setting Worksheet
@My blog in Japan, trips, experiences and life as a foreign student. http://www.wentblogging.com
@Advice for living in Japan, from grocery shopping to renting an apartment. http://japan.wentblogging.com
@僕のブロッグ。日本での経験、旅、留学生の生活。http://www.wentblogging.com/index_jp.php
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Enamul (Offline)
New to JF

MEXT for Dentist - 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at graduate study in dentistry in Japan and want to apply for the MEXT scholarship, but there's very little information available in MEXT home page about selection criteria. Does anyone have any experience of primary selection process of embassy? I'm especially interested in what are the selection criterias like IELTS, Publication, academic qualification and professional experiences.

Thanks!

- Enamul
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MarcusLucas (Offline)
New to JF

MEXT Graduate Studies - 12-13-2009, 04:33 AM

Hi Enamul,

Indeed there's very little information available in MEXT home page about your area. I personally met a Monbukagakusho Research Scholarship candidate who applied for dentistry studies in Japan.

Here you can find more detailed information on the research scholarship preparation: Monbukagakusho Preparation Guide (www.GraduateInJapan.com).

Last edited by MarcusLucas : 12-13-2009 at 04:51 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
AichiAlex (Offline)
JF Regular

12-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Hey Curlyfrye,
Depending on where you're from, your local Japanese consulate website should have links, explanations, and detailed application processes for both the MEXT and monbukagakusho programs. I'm not sure if it's different for every region, but for my region: this is all the info I could get.

Consulate General of Japan in Denver

I hope this helps!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
urnaa (Offline)
New to JF

Pls help me - 07-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsongaku View Post
Im an undergrad monbusho scholarship student. Although the process for undergrad and grad courses differs (at least in mexico) I do know alittle about what you need to do in order to get it.

If you have any questions, just ask.
Hello jbsongaku,

I am from Mongolia. My name is Urnaa. I passed scholarship written exam and accepted for interview. Could you please give me some advice on successful interview?

Thanks in advance,

Urnaa
(#9 (permalink))
Old
tokyo88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tokyo88 Send a message via Yahoo to tokyo88 Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo88
my experience - 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM

you have to write a research proposal and send him to some Japanese professors then if one of them will accept to be your supervisor ask him to send you an acceptance letter .