(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

Tetsuya Komuro Arrested - 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM

"Music producer Komuro arrested for copyright fraud
Tuesday 04th November, 05:55 AM JST

OSAKA —
Osaka prosecutors arrested well-known music producer Tetsuya Komuro on Tuesday on suspicion of defrauding an investor of 500 million yen by concluding a contract for the transfer of copyrights he did not own. The 49-year-old Komuro is known for a large number of pop music hits since the 1990s but recently is said to have accumulated huge debts related to business and family matters.

He is suspected of pretending he owned the copyrights to 806 tunes and concluding a 1 billion yen sales contract with a buyer in Hyogo Prefecture in August 2006, according to the prosecutors. Komuro received 500 million yen as part of the contract that month, they said. Most of the 806 tunes were written by him but he was not authorized to transfer the copyrights under a contract with a music publishing firm, according to them.

Of the 500 million yen, 150 million yen is believed to have been transferred to one of the two, who assumed Komuro’s debt payments, while the other 350 million yen is believed to have been used to return loans, informed sources said. After facing off in civil lawsuits, Komuro and the investor reached an agreement in July under which Komuro was to pay the buyer 600 million yen as settlement money.

But Komuro failed to pay by the appointed day, prompting the buyer to file a complaint with the Osaka District Public Prosecutors Office. Komuro debuted as a member of a popular band TM Network in 1984 and contributed to producing several megahits in the 1990s, including ‘‘Can You Celebrate?’’ by Namie Amuro."

© 2008 Kyodo News.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
"Music producer Komuro arrested for copyright fraud
Tuesday 04th November, 05:55 AM JST

OSAKA —
Osaka prosecutors arrested well-known music producer Tetsuya Komuro on Tuesday on suspicion of defrauding an investor of 500 million yen by concluding a contract for the transfer of copyrights he did not own. The 49-year-old Komuro is known for a large number of pop music hits since the 1990s but recently is said to have accumulated huge debts related to business and family matters.

He is suspected of pretending he owned the copyrights to 806 tunes and concluding a 1 billion yen sales contract with a buyer in Hyogo Prefecture in August 2006, according to the prosecutors. Komuro received 500 million yen as part of the contract that month, they said. Most of the 806 tunes were written by him but he was not authorized to transfer the copyrights under a contract with a music publishing firm, according to them.

Of the 500 million yen, 150 million yen is believed to have been transferred to one of the two, who assumed Komuro’s debt payments, while the other 350 million yen is believed to have been used to return loans, informed sources said. After facing off in civil lawsuits, Komuro and the investor reached an agreement in July under which Komuro was to pay the buyer 600 million yen as settlement money.

But Komuro failed to pay by the appointed day, prompting the buyer to file a complaint with the Osaka District Public Prosecutors Office. Komuro debuted as a member of a popular band TM Network in 1984 and contributed to producing several megahits in the 1990s, including ‘‘Can You Celebrate?’’ by Namie Amuro."

© 2008 Kyodo News.
That is really surprising. He is a real talent. What a waste.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

11-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

Yeah, it is. In fact, this is the biggest news for the country in many months. Everyone here has a favorite Komuro song or two. He was God in the 90's and still is to many musicians and music fans. I'm feeling depressed..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
The guy can't sing (V2 anyone?), but he is a musical genius..

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-04-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Yeah, it is. In fact, this is the biggest news for the country in many months. Everyone here has a favorite Komuro song or two. He was God in the 90's and still is to many musicians and music fans. I'm feeling depressed..
I liked what he did with Amuro, TRF and Globe and he was even able to make Downtown's Ma-chan a chart-topper.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Yogehi (Offline)
OMG WTF HAXORZ FTL

11-04-2008, 08:01 AM

don't know much about this guy honestly. but he's a big deal to you guys. so i am gonna say how much this must suck >_<

(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogehi View Post
don't know much about this guy honestly. but he's a big deal to you guys. so i am gonna say how much this must suck >_<
Don't feel the need to post if you don't know who he is. If you have heard any j-pop in the last 15 years you have surely heard his songs. Dare I say the Rick Rubin or Sean Combs of Japan?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

11-04-2008, 08:24 AM

[personal opinion]good riddance, that is all i can say.
he won't be missed by me, 。。。。even though i like down-town.
[/personal opinion]

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Yogehi (Offline)
OMG WTF HAXORZ FTL

11-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Don't feel the need to post if you don't know who he is.
my bad >_<

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM

I just happened to be lucky (?) enough to have turned the television on just as they were following his car by helicopter to the police station (I think).

It is big news... But I have to say I find it absolutely SHOCKING that he could have wasted so much money. But that`s just me, I suppose.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.