JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-19-2010, 10:37 AM

I have no idea about that. Is there a need for Japanese children to be adopted out of their own country? I don't see why that should happen really.

I can understand that many orphans in some countries such as Africa might allow adoptions but it is best to remain in their own country if that is possible surely.

Adoption is a big issue in any circumstances. IN the not so long ago past we were bigoted, and pregnant girls were usually hidden and many were sent to Mother and Baby Homes and had their babies removed from them. It was terrible. many of those mothers never got over the loss of their baby's and still mourn for them and search for them.

I am of course referring to the UK and Ireland. many of those children searched and still search for their own mother NOW.

Adoption abroad adds to the problem although many children are real orphans in some countries-- they still need to know about their roots and their own country.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-19-2010 at 10:45 AM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2010, 04:15 PM

You mentioned that you were in the care system but of course you don't want to talk about it in here. May I ask you in private message what it was like for you as a child to go into care?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-19-2010, 09:40 PM

If you like WILL