LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
francoyeung (Offline)
New to JF
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Going to work in Tokyo for 6 month, but i got some question - 07-25-2010, 06:18 PM

Hi guys,

I am going to Tokyo for work for 6 month. I use traveller VISA to enter Japan. Can I apply bank account and mobile? I will register a company in Japan when I arrive Japan, does that help?

thanks for advise.
Reply With Quote
(#2 (permalink))
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM

1) How can you stay for 6 months on a "traveler visa"? (Should be a 90 day limit.)

2) Who will hire you without a working visa?

3) What do you mean you will register a company?

4) How will you get a bank account without a permanent address?

5) How will you get a cell phone without a permanent address?
Reply With Quote
(#3 (permalink))
willgoestocollege's Avatar
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer
Posts: 194
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
07-25-2010, 06:35 PM

You cannot work in a country on a travel visa.
Reply With Quote
(#4 (permalink))
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer
Posts: 604
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA, formerly Shizuoka for 7 years.
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM

Oh course he can do all this stuff guys. It will all just be illegal and he will probably get himself deported.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6