JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Do you know where they accept MBA student without working exp? - 08-15-2010, 10:05 AM

I heard that most MBA college in Japan allow only those who have exp to admit (Hitotsubashi at least 4 yrs exp.) so I wanna know where accept no EXP guy like me (I didn't graduate in BBA either, I'm a pharmacist). Or are there some place that require less exp. (like 1-2 years)?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-16-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
I heard that most MBA college in Japan allow only those who have exp to admit (Hitotsubashi at least 4 yrs exp.) so I wanna know where accept no EXP guy like me (I didn't graduate in BBA either, I'm a pharmacist). Or are there some place that require less exp. (like 1-2 years)?
Just curious...how is your Japanese?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Almost nothing, but I willing to take time to study the language anyway because to prepare the language skill in my country is quite difficult given that I have much less chances to use Japanese skill in my country. I think I got to study language there not less than 3-6 months before admit for the college.

Ps. I don't think I can pass LJPT3 neither.

anyway thank you for your comment
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-16-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
Almost nothing, but I willing to take time to study the language anyway because to prepare the language skill in my country is quite difficult given that I have much less chances to use Japanese skill in my country. I think I got to study language there not less than 3-6 months before admit for the college.

Ps. I don't think I can pass LJPT3 neither.

anyway thank you for your comment
How do you expect to study in an MBA program without fluency in the language you are studying in? That would be like sending a 4-year-old to high school and expect her to pass.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-18-2010, 06:37 PM

I know, that's why I said I need to go to language school first.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-18-2010, 10:16 PM

Wow. If you can become fluent in Japanese in 3 to 6 months to the level of a native MBA student, they should just give you the MBA based on that!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-18-2010, 10:18 PM

I have been a student of Japanese for nearly 20 years, and I wouldn't dare attempt to get an MBA in Japanese.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-19-2010, 09:01 AM

i know that japanese have speical programs for foreigners were they teach japanese for free. you can search the google but well...6 month or even 4 years isnt enough for any language..well maybe if you like work in an electronics store for 4 years..yea then maybe after that youll be able to speak on a high enough level presuming you also study some words and terms used in MBA at home.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

08-19-2010, 10:16 AM

I don't know why you guys assume ALL MBA's and higher education degrees are so complicated and requiring a very high level of language. MMM, if you have any problems with an MBA, it will be because of the content, not the language! There are dozens of MBA degrees that have lots of emphasis on English in every country. The second best Business school in France (lets say, equivalent to Yale or Harvard etc) accept foreigners with VERY limited French to their MBA course. I know three people that done this last year. A Vietnamese, A Chinese and a Brazilian!

To the OP; If you're set on going to Japan, which honestly I don't understand especially for an MBA, then of course it's better to know the language to a decent level. Just because you can work on a limited level, it doesn't mean you should. My three friends had to work 10 times as hard as their classmates on the modules that were purely French.

I think you should ask yourself why you want an MBA and why in Japan! When you have answers that will be accepted at an interview a top school in Japan will give, then you should start thinking about the how you'll be able to get there!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-22-2010, 02:46 PM

Ooops sorry! I forget some info. Very sorry.

I wanna admit "INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE" not Japanese language course.

Sorry for your confusion.