JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Chinese in Japan? - 09-24-2010, 07:48 PM

This might be a bit early to worry about this... but... ever since the recent Chinese-Japanese fisherman business things might not look so good with me going to Japan.

I've tried to read as much about it on here, but I'm not really getting anything on how Japanese (generally) treat Chinese. I'm not saying all of them would hate Chinese (like how not all of the Chinese hate Japanese).

Can anyone give me some insight? I'm planning to go there in the future.

I was born in Canada, and speak fluent English.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Japan announced they will release the captain. Things are already settling down.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
Japan announced they will release the captain. Things are already settling down.
Oh... (shrugs) Thanks ;D! hehe... oh well if there is racism I guess I'll just have to tell them I was born in Canada.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
Oh... (shrugs) Thanks ;D! hehe... oh well if there is racism I guess I'll just have to tell them I was born in Canada.
Trust me. You have nothing to worry about. The number of lynchings of Chinese in city squares in Japan is really down this year, as are the number of race riots.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Trust me. You have nothing to worry about. The number of lynchings of Chinese in city squares in Japan is really down this year, as are the number of race riots.
Thanks! Phew!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
fujikuro2 (Offline)
New to JF

09-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You can experience racism mainly on the Internet.Reaction to the fisherman business things is a far more calmer than that of Chinese(maybe extremists).Though,Japanese government is criticized.
Most important thing that can make Japanese people hate Chinese is crimes (sex industry,thieves,drugs,illegal entry,overstay,).I don't mean only Chinese commit crimes.Actually Chinese and Japanese criminals come together.

@MMM
Lynchings of Chinese?Race riots?Do you mean Ikebukuro matter?Uyoku?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujikuro2 View Post
@MMM
No, just a lame attempt at a joke.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujikuro2 View Post
You can experience racism mainly on the Internet.Reaction to the fisherman business things is a far more calmer than that of Chinese(maybe extremists).Though,Japanese government is criticized.
Most important thing that can make Japanese people hate Chinese is crimes (sex industry,thieves,drugs,illegal entry,overstay,).I don't mean only Chinese commit crimes.Actually Chinese and Japanese criminals come together.

@MMM
Well... I'm a clean Chinese ;D! that doesn't cause trouble! I heard of some Chinese people who illegally enter Japan. Well... we have the Chinese Triads, and you guys have the Yakuza. I would think they respect each other and treat each other professionally.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Well... we have the Chinese Triads, and you guys have the Yakuza. I would think they respect each other and treat each other professionally.
Why would you think the members of one criminal organization would treat the members of another with any respect?

Only when they are making money for each other is there any respect or professionalism. Otherwise they are getting in each other's way.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why would you think the members of one criminal organization would treat the members of another with any respect?

Only when they are making money for each other is there any respect or professionalism. Otherwise they are getting in each other's way.
I guess I have the wrong image of them ;/. Somehow I had an image of them being a business... I don't know any of them, and I've never seen any of them, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, they are getting in each others way though.