JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Consecrated (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy a LOT of RACISM? - 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Peace

I was planning to study in JP and then try to get an occupation somewhere there since I have already started learning the language but I've heard from friends that have visited it or ones that are living there that the Japanese people are very racist towards foreigners due to reasons like that they are very isolated from the world or they don't like foreigners cause they look different and more? and is Japan really one of the most peaceful advanced countries?

So please enlighten me as much as you can on this subject since I want to be completely assured if I will be safe when I go there

I am from Western Asia by the way

(#2 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Plenty of previous threads have already discussed this to death. Do a search...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
akiba4you (Offline)
New to JF

10-11-2010, 03:23 PM

Hi,
If you can adapt yourself to the Japanese life style and culture there will be no problem for you, like every country there is some racism but not that much here in Japan.

All the latest news from Akihabara and Japan.
http://www.akiba4you.com/
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-11-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consecrated View Post
Peace

I was planning to study in JP and then try to get an occupation somewhere there since I have already started learning the language but I've heard from friends that have visited it or ones that are living there that the Japanese people are very racist towards foreigners due to reasons like that they are very isolated from the world or they don't like foreigners cause they look different and more? and is Japan really one of the most peaceful advanced countries?

So please enlighten me as much as you can on this subject since I want to be completely assured if I will be safe when I go there

I am from Western Asia by the way
Where do these insane ideas come from? Do you hear news of Japanese mobs beheading foreigners in the streets? I can never understand this.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
mira (Offline)
JF Regular

10-11-2010, 09:19 PM

You will find racist people all over the world, no matter what country there will always be those people who aren't tolerant of everyone and are stupid. But with those there is also kind people who accept everyone.
No matter where we go we will have to deal with this, weather it is towards us or towards other people. It sucks but don't let it bother you.

Just focus on making friends with the ones who are nice, those people are the ones you should worry about.

You can't change people. maybe there are a lot of racist people in one country BUT that should not stop you from going there because there is nothing to be done about it.
You should go wherever you want to go and associate yourself with nice, smart people, no matter what!
Ganbatte ne!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
akiba4you (Offline)
New to JF

10-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mira View Post
You will find racist people all over the world, no matter what country there will always be those people who aren't tolerant of everyone and are stupid. But with those there is also kind people who accept everyone.
No matter where we go we will have to deal with this, weather it is towards us or towards other people. It sucks but don't let it bother you.

Just focus on making friends with the ones who are nice, those people are the ones you should worry about.

You can't change people. maybe there are a lot of racist people in one country BUT that should not stop you from going there because there is nothing to be done about it.
You should go wherever you want to go and associate yourself with nice, smart people, no matter what!
Ganbatte ne!
You have 100% right ! just be nice, and you will find nice peoples...

All the latest news from Akihabara and Japan.
http://www.akiba4you.com/