JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Would you take me in? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/34241-would-you-take-me.html)

fireandlce 10-12-2010 04:24 AM

Would you take me in?

Hypothetically speaking, would you take me in as a host family? I mean, would you let me live in your house in japan if you could for little or no charge? I would do everything you told me to such as chores and what not. Really all I would need is a place to stay. As for my background(this may help you decide, hypothetically of course):
I am male
18 years old
Never smoked or drank
I do not use profanity; never have
Not a late night person
would never bring home women
I have 10 sisters and 3 brothers so I know about family and sharing and such
Kind and caring but you'd have to experience that for yourself
Like to draw
physically fit
6 foot 3 inches
blonde hair
my passion to learn of all aspects of the Japanese would astound you

I mean this all hypothetically of course as I would like to know my chances of how I stand against getting a host family in japan.
Almost forgot, but as for the duration, either until you want me out, until my visa expires, or maybe when I learn Japanese(I'm a very fast learner and I feel a lot like I can learn the language quickly).
Also by little charge I mean to pay for something like food and other necessities, don't really like the people that try to make a profit out of it but prefer the people that would make the cost just balance out so I can just have the experience of living in japan.

akiba4you 10-13-2010 12:51 PM

Hi,
you should try guest house in Japan,
it's quite cheap, and you can meet a lot of peoples (very useful to learn Japanese)
the most cheap guest house i ever saw in Tokyo was about 30 000 yens but it was REALLY old ! from 50 000 yens a month (utility include) you can find something really nice.

regards.

LillyFields 10-15-2010 06:25 AM

Oh honey, you sound absolutely adorable. I'd take you in, but I might have some ulterior motives. LoL. And you probably want a Japanese host family, which I am not.

13 siblings? Goodness.

Lilly

Sangetsu 10-15-2010 11:32 AM

You would have more luck finding a foreigner in Japan who needs a roommate than you would finding a host family. I wouldn't mind a roommate as it would be nice to have someone to speak English with from time to time, but I am always busy and am often away from home. Besides that, my current apartment is typically Tokyo-tiny, and I won't be able to move into larger place until next year.

If you look around you should be able to find someone willing to take you in for awhile.

Swordmaster 10-15-2010 06:55 PM

Dude, we should totally room next year - if my dorm allows that... (foreign exchange~) I mean, I'd be totally fine with that.

Also... you're lucky having such an awesome family.

I wouldn't be too keen about having to look up half a foot... a testament (blow to the ego) of my vertically challenged-ness.

I'd have to note, though... you're pretty similar to me, except in some respects. I'm sure we'd get along fine!

And... the reply that struck me like a stray bullet... Lilly terrifies me... but, I'd be willing to be taken in! (That sounds like imposingly brazen indirect request... possibly half-true?)

GoNative 10-15-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireandlce (Post 832578)
Never smoked or drank
I do not use profanity; never have
Not a late night person
would never bring home women

Hypothetically? Not a chance, you sound incredibly boring! :p

Swordmaster 10-15-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoNative (Post 833094)
Hypothetically? Not a chance, you sound incredibly boring! :p

Really? I guess I would be in the same boat if I ever made such a request.

He and I are exactly alike in that sense - save for me being rather nocturnal.