JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lsxs13 (Offline)
New to JF

help needed (from someone in Japan) - 10-13-2010, 05:32 AM

Ok, I don't know if this is allowed on here, but I figured I'd ask and see where it goes. I'm a car lover and my favorite types of cars are Nissans (240sx to be exact...180sx and silvias in Japan.) There are shops in Japan called Upgarage that sells used car parts. I'm trying to find someone trustworthy that wouldn't mind making a few bucks for going to the store, purchasing the parts I ask for, and ship them to me. If someone was interested we could chat about the details through PM. I had a friend in Osaka that shipped parts to me, but has since moved back to the states.

Here is a link to the Upgarage website 中古パーツのアップガレージ|日本最大級のカー用品& イクパーツの通販サイト

Sorry to the admins if stuff like this is not allowed. So, if your near one of those stores and wouldn't mind making a few bucks send me a PM.

Last edited by lsxs13 : 10-13-2010 at 05:35 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-13-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsxs13 View Post
Sorry to the admins if stuff like this is not allowed. So, if your near one of those stores and wouldn't mind making a few bucks send me a PM.
Hi lsxs13, to my knowledge and understanding, this doesn't violate any forum rule. But I've moved it to the "Living in Japan" forum, since I feel it's a more accurate section for this to be in.

The other moderators may manage this thread differently, though, if they see fit.

~CoolNard

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
akiba4you (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Hi,
Try to contact me and we will see if we can do something for you.
you can send me an email using the contact form on the site in my signature.

Regards.

All the latest news from Akihabara and Japan.
http://www.akiba4you.com/
(#4 (permalink))
Old
lsxs13 (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2010, 06:32 PM

Alright, I sent you a msg on that website.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-15-2010, 11:41 AM

I am registered on Yahoo Auctions Japan and Rakuten which also list many of the things you are looking for. I could probably help you out, as I have a Paypal account, but keep in mind that with the exchange rate being 80 yen per dollar you would have to end up paying quite a lot to make it worth my or anyone else's time.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
lsxs13 (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2010, 09:48 PM

The way I had it set up last time I paid around 15 dollars per item like a spoiler, bumper etc. And 5-10 dollars for smaller items. But I never just ordered one thing, so if I ordered, say, 3 spoilers I would also buy smaller things that would fit in the box to save on shipping. The smaller things would be a steering wheel, taillights, grilles, mirrors etc...

So 3 spoilers would be 3x15=45, 2 steering wheels 2x5=10, 2 pairs of tail lights 2x10=20, plus other odd and end stuff I run across. So, that one trip would make them 75-100 dollars (¥8,100+/-) alone and that might be all of 2 hours work max if everything is with a certain distance. If everything goes well I'd start ordering even more stuff.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
lsxs13 (Offline)
New to JF

06-07-2011, 01:48 AM

I'm back at trying to find some help on here again. I have another friend in the military that can send me small items, but cannot send bigger items like bumpers and spoilers. I'd like to find someone that could send me the bigger items.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-07-2011, 04:26 AM

It is too large to send it by a usual takkyubin(home delivery service.
The carriage of big luggage is very large amount of money.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff