JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eliasn (Offline)
New to JF

How do you plan to being able to move to Japan? - 10-30-2010, 07:56 PM

Okey I know that the Title is a little messy but I'm tired right now
Well I know that at least a couple of the people in this forum would like to move to Japan sooner or later. I do anyways!

But what is your gameplan? It's crucial to have one because wishing about it sure won't get you there.

I'm currently an University student and a new business owner. My plan revolves around starting another business, probably next year. And let that business grow for some time and after that hopefully I will be able to also expand at least some of the business to Japan. And eventually I would like to sponsor myself for a Visa. Well this is a very rough plan.
But anyways, what about you guys. Have you actually thought about how you will make it happend?

------------------------------------------
Regards,
Elias
(#2 (permalink))
Old
alfredofull (Offline)
New to JF

11-06-2010, 06:25 PM

hi !

i just know that i want to go to japan, but i don't know how !

its just my wish !

there is many years that im thinking about japan, and i wish some day i get rich and then i can come and enjoy my remaining life ... in japan... in peace...

also i verrrry deeply Love Japanese Language and i crazy about listening Japanese speaking... and im trying to learn it but its very hard !!!

after 2years training. now i know this sentences :

konichiwa, kombanwa, ohayo, itidakimas, tadaima, sayonara, moshi moshi, daijobo deska, wakatta,

i guess i talked to much

I Wish I was a Japanese !
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM

I am currently in college, & plan on university next year, for 2 years. I am studying IT. I hope either to help teaching English in Japan, or in case that goes belly up, I plan on going for N2 in the Japanese Proficiency Test, & work in IT in Japan

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

11-06-2010, 10:24 PM

Well, I'll be turning in my application to the JET program this month so that will probably be the way I'll get to see Japan. I doubt I'll get the job, much less the interview, but I figured I'd try anyways.

Other than the JET program or some stable teaching gig, I don't think I'll even bother going there at my own expense since I don't really intend to live there. I'm content with being able to learn about the country from a distance lol.

My money will be better spent helping me move to a country I know I want to live in.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ginko (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2010, 10:48 AM

save up money, go to language school, try to find a part time job asap

my simple plan lol
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-21-2010, 11:32 AM

I came here without being able to speak any Japanese at all.

Once you get here you learn fast if you put yourself in the right situations.

You hardly need the language for work if you're teaching, and it's not like anyone ever needs to talk to pay for food or rent etc...

It would have taken me about 5 times longer at home to get to the level I am at now...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-21-2010, 12:44 PM

At this point, with my circumstances being the way they are, the only way I'd move there is if I won the lottery.... It "could" happen....
(#8 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I'd move there is if I won the lottery.... It "could" happen....
If you put a wish on that, don't forget, wish to win the big prize. My wish to win came true, but I won 3 euro, and I paid 5 euro for that ticket.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2010, 04:20 PM

I made the mistake of giving up my Japanese passport.

I'll go there with a "Child of a Japanese National" visa one day to fulfill my dream of working at a Yoshinoya franchise.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-22-2010, 09:00 AM

You don't need to win the lottery or be rich to move to and live in Japan. Many of the foreigners I know living here certainly don't have much money.

To move to Japan you need only a couple of things; a visa, and a plane ticket. The visa can be a WHV, SHIS/work visa, or spouse visa, any of the three will at least get you in the door. Work is not hard to find, and is likely easier to find in Japan than in most other countries at the moment.

Getting the visa can be tricky, but where there is a will there is a way.

As for the plane ticket, you can earn enough to buy one by working at McDonald's for a couple of months.

When I was planning to I've to Japan the first thing I did was to find an employer. Once that was taken care of it was easy to get a visa. During the interview and paperwork processes I worked hard at my job in America and save my money. When it was time for me to go, I had enough money for a ticket and month-to-month expenses until I began getting paid from my Japanese employer.

The process was not exactly easy, but I wasn't rich, and I certainly didn't have to win the lottery. I wanted to move to Japan, so I did what I had to do to accomplish my desire.