LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Coraline (Offline)
New to JF

Physiotherapy in Japan?! - 11-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Hello to everybody,

I already searched the internet but didn't find very much. So I'm asking here

Does anybody know if Physiotherapy is known in Japan? I just started the education and would love to work and of course live in Japan. (I know that it is quite hard to get a visum but first of all I want to know if I could work there in general)
And if it's possible to work as a physiotherapist in Japan, will the german graduation be accepted??

It would be great to hear some news... n_n

By the way if someone doesn't understand the word physiotherapist:
It's a medical occupation. For example when your leg gets broken or when you have some trouble with your muscles then first of all you go to the doctor and then to the physiotherapy. There you are trained till your injury has healed. But of course it's much more then just that...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Here you go!

Let me google that for you

It looks like you'll have to pass their exam as well as the JLPT1 exam.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-02-2010, 12:32 AM

medical jobs MUST pass a JLPT Level 1 Japanese before u can start any work.

Most people I know who worked as Nurses and therapist here , learned Japanese for 1 year took the test and if they pass they can get a job if not then bye bye ..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Coraline (Offline)
New to JF

11-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Okay, thanks a lot for the website.

when I don't pass the test can I try again? Sounds like there is just one attempt...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-02-2010, 10:28 AM

One of my friends up this way runs a physiotherapy business out of Tokyo for the expat community and they have branches in the Niseko and Hakuba ski areas.
They may be able to help with some information.

Tokyo Physio
(#6 (permalink))
Old
mariya5321 (Offline)
New to JF

Replay - 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM

am not familiar with Japan. But I would like to suggest you. Please see the Google map in that, you will get all the information. Also meet with doctors, sport club member. Hope they will help you.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Cati (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Hey, I am a physical therapist from Romania, already graduated, now I'm finishing my Master's Degree. The job of a PT is actually known by many in Japan, although many Europeans tend to think otherwise..I was in Korea with a scholarship for 2 months (I was supposed to stay longer, but family problems..) 6 months ago, and the job is very well known there too. But as some have said before, working in Japan, especially on the medical side, requires to know the language JLPT 1, which I heard it's hard even for the Japanese to pass...I have level N4 (former 3) and would like to get to level 1 too. But maybe Germany has some connections with some universities from Japan and you could go there to study a bit. I suggest you check out some universities which have a PT department included and see what you find out. I found out some good univerities in Japan, they looked really well organized : Tokyo Univ, Kyoto Univ, Aomori Univ, Akita Univ,Yamagata Univ, and there are others.
Hope it helps, ganbatte ne!