Banned

07-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Talk about oversimplifying things.

That's like saying, to drive a car, you need:

* a licenced vehicle
* car insurance
* a drivers license issued by the province in which you reside.

In other words, perhaps you can break down the requirements for a Certificate of Eligibility for everyone.

To save you the hassle, you can check out these links :
Japan Visas
How to Get a Teaching Visa for Japan | eHow.com
And why did you post this?

I just told you that point a, b and 1 are not as strict as you people make it out to be, especially not for people who already have a company with the Working Holiday Visa.

The Company your working for decides this not the Government.

If they would like to keep you, they will apply for your Visa.

also, those articles seem to be very, very old because you don't have to go back to your home-country anymore either.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 07-23-2011 at 03:07 PM.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
No, No Degree at all!

It's not about that. If you go to Japan with the Working Holiday Visum and you work for a teaching company for lets say 6 months and then your WHV runs out, but you would like to stay even longer.. then this company if they want to keep you, will promote for your working visa even without a degree. The company decides if they want to keep you or not and the government won't do a thing about it if your company promotes for you. You need a Company which is willing to Sponsor you, thats the key I guess.

It's more about your personality and attitude then having a degree or not. There are hundreds of examples out there guys.

The rule of having a degree to stay longer is complete false information. It might be a lot easier, especially for guys who can't apply for the WHV.. but it is in no means neccessary.
Okay Bobby, I'll bite... and say I believe your story on this one.

If so, then the rules are not held as strictly as I once thought they were. I'm not all that familiar with changing WHV to Working (even though I'm from the UK), so it seems like this is an interesting loophole.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Lonthego (Offline)
JF Regular

07-25-2011, 09:48 PM

Sorry to take an old conversation into a new flow, but have you perhaps considered countries which aren't as bureaucratic and saturated as Japan?? Perhaps Southeast Asia?? Maybe even China/Korea? If you find Japan is too hard to break into, consider teaching in these places as a résumé filler.

My Japan Blog (lots of pics and experiences of living in Japan..with some of Thailand too)
Latest Entry = Today's Journey (click)
(#114 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-25-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonthego View Post
Sorry to take an old conversation into a new flow, but have you perhaps considered countries which aren't as bureaucratic and saturated as Japan?? Perhaps Southeast Asia?? Maybe even China/Korea? If you find Japan is too hard to break into, consider teaching in these places as a résumé filler.
He's got a 'thing' for Japan.... and only Japan....
(#115 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
He's got a 'thing' for Japan.... and only Japan....
thats the thing I don't understand. South-East Asia and Korea are just as beautiful and settled with wonderful people like Japan.

I would probably go to Thailand if I was you. Should be by far the easiest way to teach and live.. also the by far cheapest.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 07-25-2011 at 10:14 PM.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Gahzirra (Offline)
JF Regular

07-26-2011, 12:38 AM

Bobby is right in his statement about you don't have to have a degree but you need a company who is willing to sponsor your visa. There is no law that states you cannot work in Japan without a degree.

The kid could become a bartender at a gaijin bar if the business was willing to sponsor his visa. He could work for a US company with ties to Japan and be transferred. There are tons of ways to be able to live and work in Japan..Jet and the English speaking route is just the most commonly known/successful way.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

07-26-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahzirra View Post
Bobby is right in his statement about you don't have to have a degree but you need a company who is willing to sponsor your visa. There is no law that states you cannot work in Japan without a degree.

The kid could become a bartender at a gaijin bar if the business was willing to sponsor his visa. He could work for a US company with ties to Japan and be transferred. There are tons of ways to be able to live and work in Japan..Jet and the English speaking route is just the most commonly known/successful way.

I think it will depends on the type of VISA. I have no idea about working holiday visa though. But I have an Engineers Visa, and you definitely need a degree to get the COE.

I think the Entertainment visa does not need a degree too. My bf first had an Instructor visa, and he was asked a Diploma to apply for his COE but when he switched to Humanities Visa, he was just asked to have a proof that he is working for companies.

I guess Bobby's friend went for the Humanities Visa. Make sense.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#118 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-26-2011, 04:15 AM

If you have a unique skill (as well as performing it for awhile) and a company that will hire you, you can get a visa.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!