JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ginko (Offline)
New to JF

Getting degree at japanese college? - 01-13-2011, 11:48 PM

Hi, so from what i've gathered, you need a 4 year degree to get a work visa in Japan. I dont want to go to college here (Canada), so my idea was...Could I get a degree at a Japanese college that would allow me to get a work visa. Obviously i would have to learn the language.

PS. I played high school baseball for my Province in Canada (British Columbia). And i was wondering if i could get a Work Visa to help teach Baseball to kids or something along those lines.

Last edited by Ginko : 01-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-14-2011, 08:13 AM

You would need to learn Japanese to the collegiate level, which would be a serious waste of time if you're already not in school, just because you'd like to attend a Japanese university. Do something with your life.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
You would need to learn Japanese to the collegiate level, which would be a serious waste of time if you're already not in school, just because you'd like to attend a Japanese university. Do something with your life.
How about we try to give more positive answers to questions to new members, then completely take a dump on their ideas? How about that?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JF Noob

01-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How about we try to give more positive answers to questions to new members, then completely take a dump on their ideas? How about that?
It's better to be honest then to pump their a**es with rainbows. A college freshman could finish their bachelor's before the average person could learn Japanese at a basically native level.

Last edited by WingsToDiscovery : 01-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ginko (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
It's better to be honest then to pump their a**es with rainbows. A college freshman could finish their bachelor's before the average person could learn Japanese at a basically native level.
alright bud calm down, if you dont like what ive posted, then continue on to the next one, its not like everyone goes here specifically to see what you posted
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JF Noob

01-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginko View Post
alright bud calm down, if you dont like what ive posted, then continue on to the next one, its not like everyone goes here specifically to see what you posted
It's not that I don't like what you've posted. I'm just being honest.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginko View Post
Hi, so from what i've gathered, you need a 4 year degree to get a work visa in Japan. I dont want to go to college here (Canada), so my idea was...Could I get a degree at a Japanese college that would allow me to get a work visa. Obviously i would have to learn the language.
Why would you go through the hassle of learning a foreign language only to pay ridiculous tuition fees when you can graduate from a prestigious university like UBC?

My suggestion would be to get a 1yr working holiday visa to visit Japan to see if it's really worth it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-14-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Why would you go through the hassle of learning a foreign language only to pay ridiculous tuition fees when you can graduate from a prestigious university like UBC?

My suggestion would be to get a 1yr working holiday visa to visit Japan to see if it's really worth it.
I agree, with a working holiday visa, you have a very good chance of finding work as a baseball coach.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ginko (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I agree, with a working holiday visa, you have a very good chance of finding work as a baseball coach.
yea well my big master plan is to go to language school for a year, and then after that (if i choose to stay longer), try to get a full time work visa as a baseball coach to kids or something. But i dont have a degree, i have just played and excelled in the sport all my life.

so do you think they would grant me a visa?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

01-14-2011, 10:36 PM

You could always go to a business school where they have courses in English.