JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
justt (Offline)
New to JF

What's a good school in Japan to study Japanese short term? - 01-18-2011, 04:29 AM

I've been searching the internet however I know there are a lot of schools that are over price or really bad (as well as where I am from).

I'm looking to stay in Tokyo around WEST SIDE/Shibuya/Shinjuku/Hachioji for 3 months and study Japanese while I can.

If anyone can give me a lists of some school you know of it'll be great. I did find one call Samu Language School but it doesn't provide much information.

Also, if I was to study short courses in Japan can I get a student Visa? I heard most people say you can't for short course. However, the visa goes for 90 days and most short course go for 3months so I don't know how that work.

Thanks so much
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sakusakusakura (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Sakusakusakura
Check this site - 01-18-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justt View Post
I've been searching the internet however I know there are a lot of schools that are over price or really bad (as well as where I am from).

I'm looking to stay in Tokyo around WEST SIDE/Shibuya/Shinjuku/Hachioji for 3 months and study Japanese while I can.

If anyone can give me a lists of some school you know of it'll be great. I did find one call Samu Language School but it doesn't provide much information.

Also, if I was to study short courses in Japan can I get a student Visa? I heard most people say you can't for short course. However, the visa goes for 90 days and most short course go for 3months so I don't know how that work.

Thanks so much
Hi.
I'm happy to hear you coming to Japan!
Now check this site.
JPNAVI-Japan Navigation-
If you have any question and talk to staff personally, register the website and send message!

Hope you to find a school.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
01-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Please use the search funktion next time!

I have been in the Kudan Institute of Japanese Language & Cultur Tokyo in Tokyo and i thought it was really good and the prices ok especially if you take the homestay option (wich i´d recommend).

I wrote more about the school in this thread.

Firebird

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)