JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SteveWalton (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Anjo City. Any information out there? - 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Hello hello,

This is my first post on JapanForum, so hello to everybody out there. hope you are well.

I have a problem at the moment in that i have recently been offered a job teaching English at elementary level in a number of Japanese state schools through the company Interac Co. However, i have no information whatsoever on the city which i cold be spending the next year and a half of my life, something which, in my opinion poses a number of difficult issues.

Therefore, i implore anybody out there in the wilderness with any information on Anjo City (about 20 miles South East of Nagoya), to please help me out. Any information however trivial it may seem would be appreciated and could factor in my decision whether to take the job or not.

Many Thanks,

Steve.

Last edited by SteveWalton : 01-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

01-25-2011, 02:48 AM

Nice little suburban town with all the basic necessities. You will be surrounded by fields of wheat and other things. On weekends, Nagoya the big city, is just a short train ride away. I think Central Japan is the most under-rated area of the country on these forums, where people always seem to be talking about Tokyo and Kyoto.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-26-2011, 05:54 AM

Really nice area, several interesting smaller cities around, quick and easy trip to the big city...
Kind of dominated by big factory production - there are a few huge factories that seem to employ a huge chunk of the population. But this isn`t really a negative or a positive, just a trait of the area.

It`s also in the middle of a pretty historically rich part of Japan, with tons of historical sites if you`re into that sort of thing.

I share Masaegu`s opinion that the area is probably the best part of Japan to live in. I started my life in Japan going to high school in Okazaki, and lived just two local stations away from Anjo. It`s a really nice area.

Big city wonder and awe, but incredibly crowded and expensive, wouldn`t want to live there = Tokyo/surrounding areas.
Tons of touristy entertainment, more temples than you can shake a stick at... But still wouldn`t want to live there = Kyoto/surrounding areas.
Central part of the country, big city with all its convenience but without too much crowding and expense, clean spacious roads, good schools, etc etc = Nagoya/surrounding area (including Anjo).

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.