LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
In English probably? at least most of them right?

but how does this job look like? What exactly is it like?? Thats what I would like to find out.
Why would they need English speaking voice actors in Japan?
(#72 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

02-28-2011, 06:28 AM

Like RealJames said, "Voice work is not voice-acting, more like reading role-plays for textbook-cd makers and that kind of stuff, the odd commercial."

Things like English voice acting for anime and video games are done by the American studios in the states usually, not in Japan.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-28-2011, 07:51 AM

I did some voice recordings 2 months ago for a textbook, they were looking for different accents, I was the Canadian accent lol
Stuff like:
"Welcome to Canada!"
"How are you enjoying your time in Canada?"

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Do you know,I can't tell Canadians. I'd like to go there one day. I can tell when I'm reading Animorphs there's a couple of UK words in there.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM

The Canadian English accent is influenced by the French language also used there.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#76 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-28-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
The Canadian English accent is influenced by the French language also used there.
it's more the other way around but I suppose in eastern Canada that might be true, in the west there's hardly any french influence, people there sound more like californian surfers than parisians lol

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
it's more the other way around but I suppose in eastern Canada that might be true, in the west there's hardly any french influence, people there sound more like californian surfers than parisians lol

I can't tell the difference between Canadian English and American English. Any differences?

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#78 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-28-2011, 05:11 PM

There are so many different kinds of American accents, and there are many different Canadian accents too. They're all just as different as each other and the Canadian ones have as little in common with each other as they do with American ones ><

(#79 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
There are so many different kinds of American accents, and there are many different Canadian accents too. They're all just as different as each other and the Canadian ones have as little in common with each other as they do with American ones ><

is that like kansai-ben & hyoujungo?

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#80 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

02-28-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
You'll have a hard time doing modeling or voice work full time, even part time is virtually impossible.
I really did mean "now and then", I get pictures taken of me like once every 2 or 3 months, and I'm not that good looking, balding and a bit of a gut actually.

Voice work is not voice-acting, more like reading role-plays for textbook-cd makers and that kind of stuff, the odd commercial.

These both supplement your day job though.

Working at a club/bar etc is not permitted with WHV and you wont find any immigrations officer that will give a Work visa to you for it. That said tonnes of foreigners moonlight there. It's quite common to do the sensei-bartender thing. There is very little chance of getting booted out for it, never heard of it.
Yea, thats what I also meant by it. Just take the experience with me if possible.

Quote:
I did some voice recordings 2 months ago for a textbook, they were looking for different accents, I was the Canadian accent lol
Stuff like:
"Welcome to Canada!"
"How are you enjoying your time in Canada?"
perhaps they need a German accent too^^