JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Why I live in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/36083-why-i-live-japan.html)

GoNative 02-12-2011 02:38 PM

Why I live in Japan

For days like this!

Fine and clear days like today are rare up here in winter! So of course too advantage of the good weather for a backcountry ski.

Just up from the lift at Chisenupuri looking back to Annupuri and Yotei in the background

It's rarely as clear as this here in winter!

Nearing the top with the view towards the south and the plains around Rankoshi town

Looking back towards Annupuri. A bit wind blown on top. In summer you acutally walk under the branches of trees near the peak but they're completely covered now.

Practically untouched slope in the middle ground that comes down to a frozen lake (didn't have time to ski it today). Iwanai and the Sea of Japan in the background.

View beyond the Iwanai plains towards Shakotan peninsula.

GoNative 02-12-2011 02:39 PM

A group getting ready to head down with Mekunnai dake in the background

Looking north to a nice ridge coming off the backside of Niseko Weiss

Nice view whilst having lunch

A fun run down in up to shin deep very light powder

Hot Spring on the way back

File0 02-12-2011 02:46 PM

I'm always fascinated by your landscapes. So beautiful places. I really envy you... :)
Did you take the pictures?

RealJames 02-12-2011 02:50 PM

damn, those are great shots!!

the kind of place I love to see in pictures but I certainly do love being able to feel my toes ><

GoNative 02-12-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by File0 (Post 850740)
I'm always fascinated by your landscapes. So beautiful places. I really envy you... :)
Did you take the pictures?

Yeah I took them. I was up there by myself (although it being a long weekend here I certainly wasn't alone!). Hard to take a bad pic on a day like today, it was stunning up there.

File0 02-12-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoNative (Post 850742)
Hard to take a bad pic on a day like today, it was stunning up there.

I dunno if it is. But I think they're beautiful.
And I'd certainly risk freezing my toes if this was all the prize I had to pay. I mean who cares,(?) that Hot Spring... it almost brakes my hart, I can't go there. :)
Besides, I don't think you're freezing when you were up there...

GoNative 02-12-2011 03:09 PM

I love being able to get to the top and look right down to the sea. There's no getting below the snowline up this way!

It was about -10 degrees celcius up top with moderate wind. My fingers got a little cold if I took my cloves off but that's pretty mild up there at this time of year. Quite pleasant actually!

angelmod 02-12-2011 03:25 PM

fantastic pictures;)

jaaja 03-19-2011 05:54 PM

nice work GoNative you made my wallpapers

Ronin4hire 03-19-2011 05:59 PM

Eh? It's beautiful but hardly unique to Japan.