JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Extending Stay, Student visa, exchange student - 02-19-2011, 01:45 PM

I was kinda wondering if anyone has any experience with this, or any suggestions of how to go about doing this. I was wanting to extend for another semester (fall 2011) and enrolled in a language school in kyoto. if anyone has any experience of doing this or suggestion if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#2 (permalink))
Old
japankyo (Offline)
New to JF

02-23-2011, 07:10 AM

If I understand your question correctly, I think in order to extend all you have to do is show proof that you are enrolled in a language school. F.Y.I. I've read there is a two year limit to staying in Japan as a student.

I received a student visa on my own, just by first enrolling in a language school. Then bringing the certificate of enrollment to the immigration.
Two weeks later I had a year visa.

Hopefully this helps!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japankyo View Post
If I understand your question correctly, I think in order to extend all you have to do is show proof that you are enrolled in a language school. F.Y.I. I've read there is a two year limit to staying in Japan as a student.

I received a student visa on my own, just by first enrolling in a language school. Then bringing the certificate of enrollment to the immigration.
Two weeks later I had a year visa.

Hopefully this helps!
thanks it did! will do!

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#4 (permalink))
Old
japankyo (Offline)
New to JF

02-23-2011, 07:48 AM

one more thing...verify the language school will refund your money in the case you get denied a visa. It's best to inform them that you are applying for a visa on your own. Not a good situation to have months of language school paid for, but no permission to be in the country.

Beware though. Most the schools I visited said I can only get a visa through the school. This is simply untrue.