LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
will216 (Offline)
New to JF

Teaching in Hokkaido - 03-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Hi all!

Im new, go easy....

Firstly I have done my homework up to this point. I am graduating in July and doing a CELTA certificate soon after. I am aware of the ups and downs that living in a foreign country brings and I am happy to take both as they come. My question is about the odds of finding a decent jobs in Hokkaido by browsing the internet alone. I have missed this years application stage for JET, and I don't really want to wait another year to depart. I would like to live in Hokkaido as I'm looking for a rural location with close access to ski slopes etc and ideally some fishing. I'm aware this is a lot to ask, does anyone thing it is realistic to sit behind my computer screen and expect such a job posting to appear on eslcafe etc? Or is there a more suitable root for me?

Many thanks

Will
(#2 (permalink))
Old
will216 (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Ive just found the Hokkaido insider mentioned in another thread, has anyone personally used the service? Thanks for any information at all!

Will
(#3 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Although I've lived up here for 7 years I can't really be of much help I'm afraid as I've never worked as an english teacher in Hokkaido. I think Hokkaido Insider could be useful though. Obviously search all the bigger Japan job sites as well. Most major cities here have ski resorts nearby except those out in the far east of the island.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
will216 (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Thanks, guess it's just a case of scouring the boards for a while, if nothing comes up ill consider the insider, if nothing comes up theres always Jet next year I guess. Thanks again