JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Spring, Sakura and Hanami Parties (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/36488-spring-sakura-hanami-parties.html)

GoNative 03-09-2011 09:15 AM

Spring, Sakura and Hanami Parties

We are now heading into Spring and it's this time of year I really start to long to see green grass and colour come back into the landscape. As you can see from the photo below I took this afternoon from my bedroom window though, we up in this part of Hokkaido have a long wait to see anything like that. So I was hoping others from milder parts of the country down south (or in other countries) can post some photos of Spring, the sakura and the hanami parties you go to. It'll help keep me going for the next 6 or 7 weeks before the snow here melts away!

Cayla 04-08-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoNative (Post 855136)
We are now heading into Spring and it's this time of year I really start to long to see green grass and colour come back into the landscape. As you can see from the photo below I took this afternoon from my bedroom window though, we up in this part of Hokkaido have a long wait to see anything like that. So I was hoping others from milder parts of the country down south (or in other countries) can post some photos of Spring, the sakura and the hanami parties you go to. It'll help keep me going for the next 6 or 7 weeks before the snow here melts away!

Hi GoNative! It's Cayla!! You might not remember me at all but...
I just wanted to bring up the fact that you take TOTALLY AWSOME PICTURES!! How are you so good at that? Ha. so anyway that picture is good.:)

Rinai 04-09-2011 09:48 PM

This is so pretty. I've never seen snow. I seriously want to before I die even though I get allergic reactions in cold weather. I wanted to ask if I could save this picture rather than just doing it without permission. I wouldn't use it or anything. I just really would like to have it around my computer because it's just so pretty.

*plooka plooka*

kenmei 04-09-2011 10:23 PM

so hanami in hokkado is in summer? :confused:

LAKKO 04-09-2011 11:00 PM

Wooowww

Woooww, I'm from Iceland and I've never seen so much snow :O...Unless you count a glacier...
Are you studying in Hokkaido or do you just live there with a job?
Nice picture BTW :)

Nyororin 04-10-2011 01:26 AM

Here is one for you...

GoNative 04-10-2011 04:25 AM

Ah very nice Nyororin! That's what I'm looking for. Thanks for that! ;)

We are heading down to Kyoto and Nara later this week and I'm really looking forward to it.

A month on from the photo above the snow is melting pretty rapidly now but we still have a way to go as you can see below (pic taken just minutes ago). The sakura up here doesn't usually come out until the 2nd week of May.

Nyororin 04-10-2011 11:51 PM

I hope you make it in time to catch things in bloom - the trees are already in full bloom here and we start a bit later than Kyoto. By next week they`ll be gone...

Just a few more shots;

philostyle 04-11-2011 12:03 AM

Nyororin very beautiful photos! may I ask where you are located? Do you think they'll still be there on wednesday in Tokyo?

Nyororin 04-11-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philostyle (Post 861104)
Nyororin very beautiful photos! may I ask where you are located? Do you think they'll still be there on wednesday in Tokyo?

These are in Kiyosu. I live fairly near there.

I have no idea about Tokyo as I`m nowhere close, but I imagine that even if they were in full bloom right now they would still mostly be there on Wednesday. Of course I`m sure that the number of people out seeing them will be incredible...

Here is the nationwide sakura map. Click to zoom in on the area and you can see the status of the sakura around there.