JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Crystalline (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Companies. Haircut Restrictions? - 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM

I want to know if any japanese companies, or all of them in general have any sort of restrictions/rules against the looks of a person.

In this particular case. Haircut Styles.

I Myself am looking forward into getting a totally new diifferent Anime Styled hair. Not anything weird-looking or exagerated of course.

But i want to know if any of the companies where you guys work at, or if you know of any overall restrictions of Haircut Styles in Companies in Japan. Would included the risks of being fired/not welcome there.

OR

If people working with you will just find it a sign of rudeness, or simply not like it.

Hope this question does not sound weird lol. Just felt curious enough, That´s all.

Thank You For Your Time!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-29-2011, 10:47 PM

Do you live in Japan? Why don't you just ask your boss what would be appropriate? Different places will have different rules like here in England. As you can see from my picture my hair is pretty wild (and changes colour often) before I went to Japan I was advised to dye my hair black and have a short back and sides cut. After arriving there I asked the Principle at the school I worked in if I could style my hair into spikes and she said it wouldn't be a problem - probably because it was much shorter than in my picture. If I went to school like that, she would probably have said something different...

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Crystalline (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Do you live in Japan? Why don't you just ask your boss what would be appropriate? Different places will have different rules like here in England. As you can see from my picture my hair is pretty wild (and changes colour often) before I went to Japan I was advised to dye my hair black and have a short back and sides cut. After arriving there I asked the Principle at the school I worked in if I could style my hair into spikes and she said it wouldn't be a problem - probably because it was much shorter than in my picture. If I went to school like that, she would probably have said something different...
I see. Thank You. =)