JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lsearchl (Offline)
New to JF

Seems like everyone I know is connected?? Is party scene that small? - 04-22-2011, 05:00 AM

I grew up in Southern California and have a very good friend who is half-Japanese. In Japan he knows a Brazilian gaijin fashion photographer. This photographer knows a native 100% Japanese girl I've met that once dated an American expat who grew up in Tokyo and is now dating my friend who he randomly met when he came back to America. His new girlfriend is neither Japanese nor from Southern California but she knows of a band who's lead guitarist is half-Japanese and also friends with my friend I first mentioned who is half-Japanese.... WHAT THE HELL!!!? Is the gaijin/half-Asian party scene seriously that small? Also my friend who is half-Japanese knows all these half-Japanese models in Tokyo that are in magazines like Vivi and the Lufkin sisters too, etc.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-22-2011, 05:10 AM

The world is small in general. I have all sorts of funny coincidence stories that are similar to this. I don't think it's dependent on Japan, or Asia, or "the party scene" as much as it is related the sheer amount of travel and migration humans do.

Want your mind blown? We all share at least one male and one female ancestor. All six-something-billion of us. Now, these individuals did not live at the same time (in fact, they lived thousands of years apart), but every human has at least two small branches of their family tree in common. Great groups of humans share even more branches. And what we have in common is mappable. As we become more and more global, each successive generation has a higher and higher chance of representing the clumping of groups so that as time goes on, we become even MORE related to each other, and have even more ancestors in common...

Just blew your mind, didn't I?

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org