Unregistered

tadashii - 09-18-2006, 09:38 AM

Tadashii means correct.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Red face 10-06-2006, 03:35 AM

Hello
Me and a friend of mine are thinking of moving to Japan together after we graduate from highschool and wanted to know how much it costs?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-06-2006, 11:15 AM

200,000 yen each month, can 2 people live in Japan with it?

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
nihonga (Offline)
JF Regular

10-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperd
200,000 yen each month, can 2 people live in Japan with it?
I think one person could live in Tokyo on that amount, but probably not two. Even with one person, it would require that you are willing to stay in a small apartment that isn't in the center and be willing to eat cheap (a lot of noodles!) It wouldn't leave you much money for emergencies, travel, or going out.

If you did start out like that, you should probably have a plan to make more money before too long so you can improve your tokyo lifestyle as you get more money per month.

As far as trying to do it with two people, it woud be very very hard at that price. You would need to do a lot of planning and budgeting and see if you can find a way to make it work. Rent and utilities would probably be around 100,000 to 150,000 if you do it cheap. Food would probably average over 1000 yen per person per day, so with two people, you can see that your rent and food might take all of your money before you even buy your first train ticket.

"Youths of Japan, scrawl your graffiti in kanji!" -Tenmyouya
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)

10-06-2006, 04:06 PM

Thanks Nihonga i was planning in going to hokkaido tho, i have contacts there

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Smile Re: japan - 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Hey me and another girl just moved japan just wounded were is good night out? also were is there a good gym or swimming pool which doesn't cost a fortune?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)

10-10-2006, 04:01 PM

that depends on which area you live really, i hear hokkaido has some nice beaches

(#18 (permalink))
Old
True_Lies (Offline)
New to JF

10-11-2006, 07:42 AM

Hello there,

Just wanna know; how does it look like living in Japan?

Have lots of fun,
True lise
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nui

Americans in Japan - 10-13-2006, 11:28 PM

I'm an american living in Japan under the US Military SOFA agreement, and I have to say it is definitely an adjustment to live here. Be prepared for crazy weather and bad traffic! However, it is nice in Japan that most stores are open similar to American hours and you can find just about anything you need, for a cost. Japanese friends are very loyal, bit it seems that the Japanese are pretty timid to make new friends, probably because of being so loyal. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I also keep a web site if anyone is interested... http://www.noelleinjapan.com/
(#20 (permalink))
Old
andy_b

Question two very key questions - 10-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Yo!

Been in Japan a while, but it was two very neccessary questions that finally caused me to raise my head to the area of public noticeboards. I am hoping that as a Japanese living in Tokyo, you could answer these critical issues. Here we go!
No 1. I am one of the foreigners who has taken a liking to natto. I would like to know if there is a danger of salmonella (food poisoning) from eating tamago-natto, i.e. one bowl of rice, one raw egg and one portion of natto. I say this since in school we were told never to eat raw eggs or even raw cake-mix since there would be the danger of salmonella.
No 2. Why is it that there are absolutely no subway lines that run underneath the Imperial Palace. I can't see why there would be great underground obstructions, for example sewer pipes or service entrances, that would prevent a subway, and looking at a network map, it sure would be convenient. So why has no-one built a subway under the palace?

Yours Sincerely
Andy Ballard