JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Pete

Sure - 10-23-2006, 03:04 AM

Salmonella from RAW eggs? Sure it is possible, but food standards seem somewhat higher in Japan than (I'm going to guess you are from the UK). Aslo I think the whole Edwina Curry egg thing got blown way out of proportion. People drop raw and 1/2 raw eggs all over the place here with no apparent ill effect.

Subway lines under the imperial palace? Well, who know what's under there or how deep it goes? I'm sure environmentally there would be a preference not to tunnel under them as well. Handy - maybe but it isn't that big of a diversion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Yo!

Been in Japan a while, but it was two very neccessary questions that finally caused me to raise my head to the area of public noticeboards. I am hoping that as a Japanese living in Tokyo, you could answer these critical issues. Here we go!
No 1. I am one of the foreigners who has taken a liking to natto. I would like to know if there is a danger of salmonella (food poisoning) from eating tamago-natto, i.e. one bowl of rice, one raw egg and one portion of natto. I say this since in school we were told never to eat raw eggs or even raw cake-mix since there would be the danger of salmonella.
No 2. Why is it that there are absolutely no subway lines that run underneath the Imperial Palace. I can't see why there would be great underground obstructions, for example sewer pipes or service entrances, that would prevent a subway, and looking at a network map, it sure would be convenient. So why has no-one built a subway under the palace?

Yours Sincerely
Andy Ballard
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Wink 10-28-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo View Post
lol, frankfurt? man, i wanna head back there in the future. i was born there, but that was years ago. i left when i was a toddler still. gotto go back to the birthland one day. and RE-LEARN DUTCH! oi!
its so depressing.

but yeah, i hear its really great there. well, defintely when compared to cali. lol.
Ehm.. Don't they speak German in Germany?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
sek

10-30-2006, 11:58 AM

im living in Tokyo Asakusa. Im an akiba frequent, i go there every week (buying eroge and stuff.. haha)

its pretty boring that no one i know of around here shares the same interest, anyone wanna meet me?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Smile RE:pubs - 10-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Hey have being living in tokyo for nearly 3 months and have just moved to futa- tamagawa any one know any good pubs round there
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jasonchua (Offline)
JF Regular

Tokyo is great - 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM

I loved visiting Tokyo but you should check out other cities. Nagoya, Kyoto and Sapporo are nice but for different reasons
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Firefly (Offline)
New to JF

Cities - 11-08-2006, 05:56 AM

Tokyo is the most exciting city in Japan, but sometimes you need to explore the rest of what Japan has to offer. And sometimes you just need a break from Tokyo!

Kyoto was really nice, and I enjoyed it. Sendai was really boring, and not much fun. Hakone was cool, Kamakura was very nice.

Izu was amazing - lots of nature, plenty of fresh air and nice beaches, friendly Japanese people, and a nice atmosphere. It's a small town and doesn't have a huge amount of creature comforts, but I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonchua View Post
I loved visiting Tokyo but you should check out other cities. Nagoya, Kyoto and Sapporo are nice but for different reasons

FireFly

-----

www.YourJapan.jp - A Japan community Blog
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
Cool * - 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM

I'm planning a trip for 2009 (yay!)can't wait!) and I was planning on seeing Tokyo, Kyoto, Nagasaki, Osaka, Iku and Yokohama...among any other places I pass along the way...It's funny- 5 months ago this trip was going to be a week long, then it was gonna be 2 weeks, then just two days ago I had to up it a month, cuz...wow...I'm probably going to need at least that much time...lol!

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

11-29-2006, 08:52 AM

hi i'm an italian 27years girl. i'm moving to tokyo on 26 december for 3 months. i'm looking for a roof (full furnished room or apartment), i think i can pay up to 80.000 yen. actually i better find a place with easy access to minato-ku (i'm gonna have an intership withinDentsu). every suggestions is more than welcomed) . take it easy . bye! ps. i can speak a little japanese
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Okimoto_Tatsuki (Offline)
.KUBOnoSHUGAitami

11-29-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nui View Post
I'm an american living in Japan under the US Military SOFA agreement, and I have to say it is definitely an adjustment to live here. Be prepared for crazy weather and bad traffic! However, it is nice in Japan that most stores are open similar to American hours and you can find just about anything you need, for a cost. Japanese friends are very loyal, bit it seems that the Japanese are pretty timid to make new friends, probably because of being so loyal. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I also keep a web site if anyone is interested... Noelle in Japan - An American Perspective on Living in Japan
cool. i used to live near Kadena Military Base in Okinawa. =O Nice site