JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RobertMiettunen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to RobertMiettunen
Lightbulb Couch surffing in Japan/Living at somebody's home - 07-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Hi, My name is Robert and Im from Finland. I live in Helsinki which happens to be the capital of Finland. Im 18 years old and atend an Highscool in Vantaa.
I would like to couch surf or in other words live at somebodys house who's from Japan or lives in japan.
Is there anybody who would be willing to let me live a week or less at their place? I could pay for my stay if you would like and id offcourse pay for my own food and travell expences.
I speak a bit japanese and i speak fluent english (as fluent as an foreigner can)

I hope somebody finds it in their capacity to help me out thanks a million

Onegaishimasu!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2011, 11:42 PM

CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
07-25-2011, 04:08 PM

I lived in Japan for 1 year and tried to do some couch surfing there. Just let me tell you that it is quite unlikely that a japanese person will invite you to their home. There are a few on the couchsurfing homepage, give it a try.

I also have to add that most people in this forum are actually not japanese but expats living in Japan. They are the most likely to host you in Japan, also if you go through couchsurfing.
I got invited by japanese people to stay at their place twice, once while hitchiking and once while travelling a road less travelled by foreigners.

That beeing said, i hope you find somebody, good luck and have fun!

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)