JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Japanlooko (Offline)
New to JF

AEON Waiting List - 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM

I went to a recent AEON Interview, then three weeks later they phoned me and said they wanted to give me a general offer. This means that I don't have a location to go to and no contract to sign. A bit like I am on a waiting list for positions to open up. Has anyone else been placed on this waiting list? Did you get a location? How long did it take?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2011, 02:26 PM

I was given an option right away, and I took it. But they told me I could decline the place they had for me, but there wouldnt be openings in my area until August or september. so maybe around then. What area did you request?

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Japanlooko (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2011, 02:39 PM

I said around the Tokyo area would be perfect for me but I am extremely flexible and would be happy to be placed anywhere. I also said that I don't mind if I teach adults or adults and children. The recruiter said that the September Tokyo positions had been filled and there are a few left in October and he was waiting for November positions to open. I don't mind waiting because I can earn more money before I go but its the waiting to hear about a location that I am unsure of.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you dont have anything to worry about. You have a job, you just have to play the waiting game. The time frame for teachers is all over the place. They hire teachers all year round, so it could be anytime. But it will probably be around October or so. I wouldnt worry about it too much, you will be going at some point, its just a matter of where.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-09-2011, 04:43 AM

There has been a general shortage of teachers since the earthquake, so getting a position is not difficult, they are probably trying to figure out which vacancies must be filled first. Usually they would hire only to fill a few positions, so they can tell you quickly where it is you will go. If you can't get Tokyo, ask for Chiba, which is nearby, and is better than other surrounding areas.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Japanlooko (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will just have to wait. I would accept any location they give me though.