JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-24-2011, 10:09 PM

I normally right off haters like OP because it's generally the smart, articulate users who can balance a sense of enjoyment and complaint who find themselves able to live in Japan long term.
It's not healthy or right to complain about every single thing (and there are a lot of jaded old eikaiwa teachers out there who do so) but it's impossible to throw off your own culture and assimilate perfectly. By your own accord because of your own cultural raising, and also that the Japanese won't let you. It's just as unhealthy to bottle up any culture shock or daily stresses as well.
But to be honest, I find most of the complaining as being provoked by weeaboos who bug the sh!t out of everyone. Like yourself, saying you'd sell all of your wealth for one night in Japan, a place you've never been to. The "complainers" are just here to bring you back to earth.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Muchujapan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Muchujapan Send a message via Yahoo to Muchujapan Send a message via Skype™ to Muchujapan
true and yet not - 07-24-2011, 10:46 PM

I didn't mean for it to sound like it did. What i simply meant was I've lived in america my whole life and do enjoy so much it has to offer but japan seem sweet and im sure any country would seem sweet until you had too much but i think because of our governmental system we've let it sour like a ripe pickle.Need less to say i didn't mean for it to sound like id sell my soul to got to japan or undermine my countries values .All that i meant was that people should has a realistic expectations when vising an new country or old(if you've visited before) expect to some English speakers but that it is japan and that you should learn there language too.I just dont want people to group us all together that if i gaijin acts rude that we all will. i dont expect the Japanese to ever full accept us into there culture.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Moderation in all things.

http://www.google.co.jp/search?num=5...iw=815&bih=755

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff