(#11 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
what opportunities??
There were plenty.. I worked for a division that assign us to different projects, and I was able to see projects thats in Japan. There were system architect role, performance architect role, test management, development lead etc.. thats as much as I can disclose over a public post...

I would qualify for any of these roles here locally in Canada and or the US, but was never considered when I asked to be transferred...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-02-2011, 08:16 PM

When I was working in Japan, I worked at a listening post and reported to the NSA (No Such Agency)....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I worked for IBM Canada in the past, a lot of opportunities popped up for Japan which I never got so....
I'm in Global Services and ironically, I'm currently supporting Japanese engineers as their support structure is crippled by rolling power outages.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-02-2011, 09:14 PM

I'm a student still, but I intend to attend the school of life soon again for at least a couple of years, speciality in Asian studies
(#15 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
I'm in Global Services and ironically, I'm currently supporting Japanese engineers as their support structure is crippled by rolling power outages.
Oh you too are with GBS? I am longer with IBM, should have stayed the few more months, maybe hen the diaster would have given me a short term opportunity to stay there
(#16 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I'm a student still, but I intend to attend the school of life soon again for at least a couple of years, speciality in Asian studies
Bobby, in all seriousness, I am actually quite happy that you are so passionate about our culture, as long as it's for the right reason (interest in women will be the wrong reason in my eyes).

But I really hope that you can be more realistic and don't keep your expectations too high. Only then will you appreciate it more because it will exceed the low expectation. Asian are like everyone else, we have good people and bad people.

Enough hijacking this thread. Back to the topic. I tried years looking for a job in my field in Japan and failed. So I gave up already. But in case people wonder, I am in IT
(#17 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

08-03-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuko81 View Post
I wonder about traveling encoder? Traveling encoder is a tourist guide, samokan?
I'm web designer and I'm working as farmer.
No I am not a tourist guide . Im in IT

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#18 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Bobby, in all seriousness, I am actually quite happy that you are so passionate about our culture, as long as it's for the right reason (interest in women will be the wrong reason in my eyes).

But I really hope that you can be more realistic and don't keep your expectations too high. Only then will you appreciate it more because it will exceed the low expectation. Asian are like everyone else, we have good people and bad people.

Enough hijacking this thread. Back to the topic. I tried years looking for a job in my field in Japan and failed. So I gave up already. But in case people wonder, I am in IT
lol I ask you this now the don't know how often already.. But how many times do you want to preach that incredible misconception??

I doupt people on here will take you serious if you post this stuff time and time again!

The Western Society and the Asian Society are nothing alike! Thats what you need to understand and I am losing my confidence in your ability.

edit: Also, I am not passionate about your Japanese culture.. I am passionate about the culture of Asia and especially East and South-East!

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 08-03-2011 at 03:13 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-03-2011, 03:20 PM

We shouldn't steer the topic off too much despite Bobby's usual antics, so I guess I'll mention myself anyway.
I'm working on a degree in international relations, but I work freelance doing everything from photography to online journalism. My latest freelance job is a project for a large gaming website where I'm going to cover Tokyo Game Show.
I'm also currently negotiating a position leading a team in the public relations department of the Afghan Embassy in Tokyo working on a podcast, reporting, and such.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#20 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
lol I ask you this now the don't know how often already.. But how many times do you want to preach that incredible misconception??

I doupt people on here will take you serious if you post this stuff time and time again!

The Western Society and the Asian Society are nothing alike! Thats what you need to understand and I am losing my confidence in your ability.

edit: Also, I am not passionate about your Japanese culture.. I am passionate about the culture of Asia and especially East and South-East!
Right......

Getting back on topic - How many on this forum works in IT in Japan? When i was seriously searching few years back, I find it extremely challenging to land an IT job in Japan.