JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bb020708 (Offline)
New to JF

Waseda questions - 09-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Hello. I'll be applying to Waseda SILS program this fall for the September 2012 entry and I was wondering about the people in their study plans.
I know they have a SP1 for Japanese natives and a SP2 for international students and I was wondering about the demographics of the people in the SP2 program. Are there Japanese 帰国子女/returnees in the SP2 program or is it mostly "gaijin"? Do the SP1 students and SP2 students ever hang out together? Are there "strict cliques" of just Japanese kids and the international kids? I'm just worried about fitting in as a Japanese person in the SP2 program.

I am Japanese but I've been living in America since mid-elementary school so my English is fluent but my Japanese is so-so. I can read pretty well and hold steady conversations but I can't write that well and I definitely won't be able to take lessons in Japanese so I'll be applying for the SP2 program.

Good luck to anyone who'll be applying this fall!

Last edited by bb020708 : 09-04-2011 at 07:33 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ppo (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Did you ask Waseda about that?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bb020708 (Offline)
New to JF

09-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppo View Post
Did you ask Waseda about that?
No because it's not really that significant lol I also wanted to know about what it feels to be a full time student there so I don't think Waseda can really answer that.