JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

AEON quick question - 09-12-2011, 08:20 PM

This is NOT a question about how to prepare for the interview.

Okay, so I am not sure where to post this thread since there is not a "Work in Japan" section.

I just had my personal interview with AEON and I think it went well. But my question is, is it normal for BOTH recruiters to be in the room during it? I asked a few friends who work for AEON at the moment and they were surprised about that. Normally, only one recruiter conducts the personal interview. So, I don't know if it is a good thing that both were there or not. Has anyone else experienced both recruiters being in the room like I did??

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2011, 08:33 PM

I think there were four in the room when I interviewed for JET. Only one seems odd.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

09-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think there were four in the room when I interviewed for JET. Only one seems odd.
Hmm... I know JET usually has three or four.

I asked a few of the other interviewees later on about their personal interviews and they said it was only one recruiter who conducted it with them. I guess I'm secretly hoping that if it is not normal for AEON to have both recruiters in the room, that it means they are very interested in hiring me. Haha.

Thanks for the response!!

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

09-13-2011, 05:40 AM

I've never heard of that before, but who knows? Was yours the first interview or was the second interviewer one you hadn't seen before? Maybe one of the recruiters was new and wanted to brush up on his or her interviewing skills or was doing some training on the job. Maybe AEON was conducting a performance evaluation of its recruiters and had them write a report on each others interview skills. Maybe, as you said, they were just extra interested in you. At any rate, if this is what you're really shooting for, then I wish you good luck!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola View Post
I've never heard of that before, but who knows? Was yours the first interview or was the second interviewer one you hadn't seen before? Maybe one of the recruiters was new and wanted to brush up on his or her interviewing skills or was doing some training on the job. Maybe AEON was conducting a performance evaluation of its recruiters and had them write a report on each others interview skills. Maybe, as you said, they were just extra interested in you. At any rate, if this is what you're really shooting for, then I wish you good luck!
It was the one-on-one interview that I had two recruiters for. I know it's normal for the initial group interview/lesson presentation for both of the recruiters to be present.

I was just curious about it since the others who interviewed for one-on-one that day didn't have both of them in the room.

Thanks for the thoughts!

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com