JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jubinell (Offline)
New to JF

Mutual aid severance pay after quitting job - 10-07-2011, 01:59 AM

Hi,

I am quitting my job at a Japanese company after 2.5 years. I recently received some documents from the employer that is supposedly concerning the mutual aid severance pay(!?). In Japanese I believe it is 退職金共済.

There are 3 sheets.

掛金月額変更申込書・掛金納付状況
被共済者退職届
退職金(解約手当金)請求書

I was supposed to "figure this out by myself", fill in the details and send to the appropriate authorities on my own.

However, I'm having trouble understanding even what these documents are about, let alone what to fill in. How to determine the payments?

There are no online information in English regarding this either.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-08-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubinell View Post
Hi,

I am quitting my job at a Japanese company after 2.5 years. I recently received some documents from the employer that is supposedly concerning the mutual aid severance pay(!?). In Japanese I believe it is 退職金共済.

There are 3 sheets.

掛金月額変更申込書・掛金納付状況
被共済者退職届
退職金(解約手当金)請求書

I was supposed to "figure this out by myself", fill in the details and send to the appropriate authorities on my own.

However, I'm having trouble understanding even what these documents are about, let alone what to fill in. How to determine the payments?

There are no online information in English regarding this either.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks
This sounds plain weird. I am 99% certain that the first two of the three forms you listed should be filled out by your employer, not you the former employee. You may want to contact your former employer at your earliest convenience as all of these papers concern money matters and therefore are of utmost importance.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
acjama (Offline)
JF Regular

10-08-2011, 03:14 PM

My Japanese wife gave me this address. It's in Japanese, but there are steps for your company to do and steps for you to do. Basically, in my wife's opinion, your company should be doing this for you all the way.

I'm quite sure that The Tokyo Public Law Office, Section of Legal Assistance for Foreigners could fill in all the sweet details if your old company is thinking about pullin' one on you.