JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-22-2007, 03:39 AM

Ah, I see. Well, best of luck with everything and congratulations on the whole marriage, must've been nice.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
glaylover (Offline)
Nan de?

05-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Hyogo prefecture is fantastic. Great people, near Kyoto, closeish to beaches(about an hour in the car) loved it made some of the best friends of my life there. It's beatiful aswell.

Glaylover

zutto futari de..........
(#23 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaylover View Post
Hyogo prefecture is fantastic. Great people, near Kyoto, closeish to beaches(about an hour in the car) loved it made some of the best friends of my life there. It's beatiful aswell.
Very nice. I appreciate everyone's opinions. So If anyone has an opinion about this subject, please comment. I'd like to hear what anyone with experience in Japan has to say.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
You don't always teach high school students. Sometimes you get assigned middle schools so checking out the girls if they're still in middle school may be a litle creepy. I'll be 21 in a few months. Jeez, I'm getting old. I can't believe I will be that old since I still feel like a teenager so I may even forget that I'm a dirty old man and look at the high school girls myself. :P Anyway, I'm curious in Kobe and Osaka because they're big cities with lots to do and they're close by other cities like Kyoto. I've always read that Osaka is a pretty cool place and Kobe seems to be nice as well. Samokan's description of Osaka and Kobe were pretty interesting so that got my eyes set on those two cities.
It wouldn't be "creepy" if you are my age to say the least. Oh yeah, did you get your degree or even started yet, or are you just looking for a place to settle in Japan once you find a job there?
(#25 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlll View Post
It wouldn't be "creepy" if you are my age to say the least. Oh yeah, did you get your degree or even started yet, or are you just looking for a place to settle in Japan once you find a job there?
I'm working on my degree. I will use my bachelor's degree as a way to get work in Japan.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade
I'm working on my degree. I will use my bachelor's degree as a way to get work in Japan
Sounds nice, I guess we are both working are way up, hopefully our hard work will pay off in the long run. By the why, why type of bachelor degree are you aiming for, and what are you majoring in?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-25-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Sounds nice, I guess we are both working are way up, hopefully our hard work will pay off in the long run. By the why, why type of bachelor degree are you aiming for, and what are you majoring in?
What type of bachelor's degree? What do you mean by that? There's bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees. I'm just going for the bachelor's. Anyway, I'm a Criminal Justice major.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
What type of bachelor's degree? What do you mean by that? There's bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees. I'm just going for the bachelor's. Anyway, I'm a Criminal Justice major.
Yeah, that came out wrong. But yeah, you answered my question anyways, thanks. Criminal major, can't say exactly that its relevant to being an ALT or joining the JET program, but oh well. Anything works these days.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that came out wrong. But yeah, you answered my question anyways, thanks. Criminal major, can't say exactly that its relevant to being an ALT or joining the JET program, but oh well. Anything works these days.
Criminal Justice major, yeah. I chose this major because it's interesting to me. The only other major that interested me was Psychology. I don't think it even matters what major you choose since many times people get jobs in fields that have nothing to do with their major. You don't need to major in English, Japanese or whatever else to be an ALT. All you need to have is a bachelor's degree in any field and be a native English speaker. That's all. Did you really think you needed to major in English or Japanese to work as an ALT in Japan?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-25-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Criminal Justice major, yeah. I chose this major because it's interesting to me. The only other major that interested me was Psychology. I don't think it even matters what major you choose since many times people get jobs in fields that have nothing to do with their major. You don't need to major in English, Japanese or whatever else to be an ALT. All you need to have is a bachelor's degree in any field and be a native English speaker. That's all. Did you really think you needed to major in English or Japanese to work as an ALT in Japan?
Not really, though it would help. I just never felt that it was right on learning something that interest you but you can't apply it directly to your work, well you can always change occupations so it shouldn't matter in the least. How long are you planning on being an ALT by the way, or are you just seeing how everything works out for the best?

Oh yeah, no need to be uptight on the whole major thing, I knew what you were mentioning from the start. Were all down to Earth people here, so being formal is not necessarily always that fun, thought I should get that out of the way.