JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rotoko (Offline)
New to JF

50's retired and want to live in japan - 05-28-2007, 04:12 AM

Hi, I'm Australian, my fiancee, soon to be wife, is a japanese national, but has lived in USA for 30 years. Currently, we live in both US and Aus, but want to live in Japan. We have a house in japan, sufficient income; intend to travel out of japan a few times a year.
Can anybody advise or help us through the minefield of visas for me.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2007, 04:38 AM

Good for you! You are quite lucky! I am envious.
If you want answers, it is best to contact Nyororin or Samokan.

There is a thread called "I Live in Japan" It has A LOT of helpful tips, you should go drop by here's the link:

I live in Japan!

GOOD LUCK!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-28-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoko View Post
Hi, I'm Australian, my fiancee, soon to be wife, is a japanese national, but has lived in USA for 30 years. Currently, we live in both US and Aus, but want to live in Japan. We have a house in japan, sufficient income; intend to travel out of japan a few times a year.
Can anybody advise or help us through the minefield of visas for me.
If your wife is a Japanese national as you say, then you've got it really easy. You just need to apply for a spousal visa.

All the visa info is provided by the Japanese govt. here -> MOFA: Visa

There's a lot of information on the page but all you really need to be concerned about is the spousal visa (as well as re-entry permits).

Here is also more information specific to the spousal visa -> Education Japan | Visas | Spousal Visa
(#4 (permalink))
Old
rotoko (Offline)
New to JF

Thanks guys - 05-29-2007, 05:38 AM

I'm very glad to have joined this site; great help from those that replied.
The process in our case is obviously much easier.
We want to renovate our home in Tokyo using the ideas from Aust, US and of course Japan, and create what we want.
We will be actively involved in recreating ourselves into the japanese society and hope to be able to give anybody assistance, if they need it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
rotoko (Offline)
New to JF

Thanks - 05-30-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Good for you! You are quite lucky! I am envious.
If you want answers, it is best to contact Nyororin or Samokan.

There is a thread called "I Live in Japan" It has A LOT of helpful tips, you should go drop by here's the link:

I live in Japan!

GOOD LUCK!
I take it to be, when you say, Good for you, and you are envious, and I am lucky, of course you mean I/we have a wonderful life ahead of us; we do. Rotoko is a combination of our names; obviously the " ko " gives away the fact of my lady, and yes I'm lucky there.
There are just so many wonderful people in this world, and i'm glad to be meeting some of them.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-30-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:

I take it to be, when you say, Good for you, and you are envious, and I am lucky, of course you mean I/we have a wonderful life ahead of us; we do. Rotoko is a combination of our names; obviously the " ko " gives away the fact of my lady, and yes I'm lucky there.
There are just so many wonderful people in this world, and i'm glad to be meeting some of them.

Yes you do have a wonderful life ahead of you. Marriage is something to celebrate about, and you get to live out your retirement in beautiful Japan. There is nothing else I could ask for if that was me. ^_^ So do you want to live in rural Japan? Or in in the city? Oh, have you gotten any help from the thread I told you about?

Have a good day!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

05-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:

its nice to hear that you do. Good luck to the two of you.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#8 (permalink))
Old
rotoko (Offline)
New to JF

Thread - 05-31-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yes you do have a wonderful life ahead of you. Marriage is something to celebrate about, and you get to live out your retirement in beautiful Japan. There is nothing else I could ask for if that was me. ^_^ So do you want to live in rural Japan? Or in in the city? Oh, have you gotten any help from the thread I told you about?

Have a good day!
The thread was very informative, so many thanks.
We will live both in Tokyo and the country; we have a house in Chiba, and looking at possibly Kyushu as well.
Our lives together has been wonderful, and will only get better, and we know it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
06-01-2007, 12:53 AM

aww congrats