JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
Talking Applying to universities in Japan any tips - 05-13-2007, 11:15 PM

Hey, I'm looking at universities in Japan and hopefully I can get some tips or advice from people that have studied abroad before. Well thanks hopefully I'll get accepted but for now I'm keeping very mum and tight lipped about the situation just in case of rejection because I want to be able to celebrate when and if I do recieve the acceptance letter.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2007, 03:00 AM

Acceptance letter? Are you planning on traveling to Japan with a student visa?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Lacey (Offline)
New to JF

05-16-2007, 11:00 PM

So you already applied to a Japanese university? Are you already fluent in Japanese? Most Japanese unis require a pass on JLPT 2 with your transcript, unless it is an international U like Temple U. Or are you applying to a precollege language school/ U first? Just curious.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM

ahh let me rephrase studying abroad
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Chibisuke (Offline)
New to JF

06-08-2007, 01:05 AM

Lots of college had foreign exchange students. I suggest going to a US College that has the program for Japan and apply there. That is how I am doing it. I am planning to go to the University of Florida, since that have the program and its close to me.
Also look up the J.E.T Program. Its an international program with the American Embassy. You'll need a B.A. though.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

06-08-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
Also look up the J.E.T Program. Its an international program with the American Embassy. You'll need a B.A. though.
The JET Programme has absolutely no relation to the American embassy. JET is hosted by the Japanese government. Why exactly are you telling someone who's not even in college yet to look at the JET Programme anyway? You said it yourself - you need a BA.. that's 4+ years off for the original poster.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Lonewolf (Offline)
New to JF

06-09-2007, 12:15 AM

I also just want to know if someone can help me here.

I live in England. I saw there are ways to do a year of your degree in Japan. Like the Temple University for Americans. Is there a UK equivalent?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

06-09-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I also just want to know if someone can help me here.

I live in England. I saw there are ways to do a year of your degree in Japan. Like the Temple University for Americans. Is there a UK equivalent?
Are you in college already or not?

It depends on the university you attend. Most of the bigger UK universities have study abroad programs. I imagine that some of them must have connections to Japanese universities.

You can also study abroad if you're not attending college, but you don't get any sort of academic credit, and it'd likely be more expensive as well.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Lonewolf (Offline)
New to JF

06-09-2007, 11:43 PM

I am actually doing my first year of my degree through The Open University, which is basically they send you the work, you study at home and just do projects and go write the exams. However, for my second year, I will be going to a normal university, so I'll have a look which ones (if any) have a study abroad program for Japan.