JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jron (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to jron Send a message via Yahoo to jron Send a message via Skype™ to jron
best way to send money to Japan? - 02-12-2014, 11:10 PM

What is the best way to send money to a Japanese national in Japan?
- Checks are SLOW...
- Money Orders aren't much faster....
- Japanese banks seem not to allow funds transfer from Paypal (even when J person signed up for paypal.jp). This could be wrong as the J person in question is pretty computer literate.

Any suggestions?

lol.. I'm thinking about just sending over an ATM card for an account I never use and then just tell them to go to 7/11.. :-P
(#2 (permalink))
Old
svenmueller (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2014, 02:57 PM

I recommend Skrill which i always use. Any person living in Japan can set up an account as well as any person overseas. It is similar to Paypal but better and quicker. Withdrawling from a Skrill account to a Japanese Bank account (i use Shinsei Bank) takes about 3 Business days or so.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-26-2014, 12:53 AM

You can use Paypal to send money to Japan quite easily, but you need to find a bank in Japan which accepts Paypal. Shinsei bank is the easiest bank to use, and opening an account at Shinsei is not difficult.

You don't have to sign up for Paypal on the Japanese site, you can sign up on the American sight if you like. But you will have to sign in on the Japanese site using your regular Paypal email address and password.