JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
scoobyer (Offline)
New to JF

Red face How to afford language school - 01-02-2015, 12:44 AM

Hi everyone,

In March, I am moving to Japan to attend a language school in Tokyo. I need to pay for it in a month. The tuition is about $3,000 and the place to stay is about $4,000.

I'm trying everything to get this money together.
I made a fund-my-travel
https://www.fundmytravel.com/Nace-Co...436217/updates
and I have a part time job. I'm looking for a second job. There are no scholarship, loan, or financial aid opportunities from my school or any other organizations.
I'm getting so frustrated and desperate.

Has anyone else done this before?
Does anyone have any ideas of how to get the money together?

Thank you in advance!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
01-02-2015, 03:04 PM

I had posted this link once somewhere in JF.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
scoobyer (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Thank you but I've seen this video. Sharla went to Japan through an American University, as did her friend. I'm going to a language school which is different and much harder to get the money for.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JoshH (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2015, 12:37 AM

Hi, I am currently studying at a Japanese language school in Kyoto. Note that certain schools offer scholarship, you should take advantage of that if you can. Also you can get a part-time job as an English teacher or something similar for your first months. My Japanese was at level 0 when I arrived here but after just ~1-3 months I was able to communicate pretty well with my friends.

It's hard getting the money but it's not impossible. You can do it, がんばって
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-08-2015, 04:21 PM

Sometimes you have to put things on the back burner until you are really ready for it. If you don't have sufficient funds, then you're not ready. Keep saving and when you have enough, then go. Japan will still be there. Some people nowadays want instant gratification/results and that is not always a possibility.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
scoobyer (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Hi, I am currently studying at a Japanese language school in Kyoto. Note that certain schools offer scholarship, you should take advantage of that if you can. Also you can get a part-time job as an English teacher or something similar for your first months. My Japanese was at level 0 when I arrived here but after just ~1-3 months I was able to communicate pretty well with my friends.

It's hard getting the money but it's not impossible. You can do it, がんばって
I'm glad you made it to Japan! My school unfortunately doesn't offer scholarships. I need to pay before go but I will definitely get a job once I'm there to cover living expenses. Thank you!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
scoobyer (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Sometimes you have to put things on the back burner until you are really ready for it. If you don't have sufficient funds, then you're not ready. Keep saving and when you have enough, then go. Japan will still be there. Some people nowadays want instant gratification/results and that is not always a possibility.
I want it now and I will settle for no less.

Nothing's a possibility until I make it one.

I'd rather go and try my hardest and get sent back home than wait until the fall.

I'm the most stubborn kid in the world and I will go in the spring because I'm going to get myself there.