(#21 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
07-10-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
How the hell did you get that job? You're so young and I'm sure you only got your degree not too long ago so when did you have time to get experience? Don't Japanese like to hire people that are experienced in such a field?
Yeah, I won't be chartered for another 2 years yet... basically, the company I worked for back home in England are owned by the same group I work for now (it's a huge multi-national operation). The whole climate change thing has got people worried about earthquakes happening in Europe more frequently so want to get engineers trained to start adapting/planning buildings to cope with such problems. My job basically involves shadowing people to study what they do at the moment, but it is getting more hands-on each day.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sashi (Offline)
New to JF

Any good websites for Map of Tokyo? - 07-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Thanks people,

I have found a place close to work in Tennouze Isle for 150,000yen. Looking forward starting work on the 13th of August.

So, and websites for good Maps of Tokyo in English, anything similar to this?
Map Maker - Australian Travel Maps, Driving Directions and City Street Maps - Travelmate

cheers.
Sashi
(#23 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
07-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Thanks people,

I have found a place close to work in Tennouze Isle for 150,000yen. Looking forward starting work on the 13th of August.

So, and websites for good Maps of Tokyo in English, anything similar to this?
Map Maker - Australian Travel Maps, Driving Directions and City Street Maps - Travelmate

cheers.
Sashi

No idea about websites, but I would recommend visiting a tourist office and grab a copy of the train maps (maybe train stations have them to?) as they are VERY valuble!