JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
Teen Pregnancy - 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM

We all know that teen pregnancy is quite common in America , but I know is not as common in Japan. For anyone that lives there, is getting more common or how's the situation....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
HIalchemist (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoluvnihon View Post
We all know that teen pregnancy is quite common in America , but I know is not as common in Japan. For anyone that lives there, is getting more common or how's the situation....
When I lived there it was unheard of,accually Japan's population is decreasing and parents are getting payed ¥50,000 just to have a second child,and even double for a third...so yeah.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2007, 11:47 PM

i've not been to Japan yet but i've heard that japanese girls are well educated with contraceptives and other birth contol stuff so teen pregnancy is not a common issue there...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#4 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
07-20-2007, 08:00 AM

that's good but yea... one my friends i just graduated with *class of 06' is pregnant eek yea post high school expect the unexpected meaning pregnancies and marriage
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

07-20-2007, 08:03 AM

I've only met one lady who got pregnant young! She's about 22 & has a 5 year old daughter.
There are no religious groups lobbying against contraceptives (or non that I've noticed) so I guess kids can actually be educated properly
Amazing how that happens isn't it?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
tiki808 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-20-2007, 08:08 AM

one of my friends got pregnant her sophmore year.. atleast she kept the baby i remember having this lady come in my sophmore year and showing us how to put a condom on(she used this wooden thing) it was really awkward atleast we're learning about safe sex and abstinence

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Albee3B (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Albee3B
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM

yeah thats interesting...i actually havent heard of any problems with teen pregnancies in japan...dunno. But yeah, as much as they try to educate the youth today about contraception...not everything goes as planned.

a classmate of mine got pregnant when she was 16 but she's a great mom and even graduated early to get a job and be with her baby (he's adorable btw )

although...my ex cousin (by almost marriage) got his gf pregnant while he was living with his dad (his dad is japanese and he moved in with him after high school)....but other than that...meh. i dunno

i think Forrest Gump's mom said it best "life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get"

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mi Familia

Sisters: tiki808, Hentaro, HappyRiceBall

Brothers: Bakudan, Zagato289, shinka, Sachiko

Neko Brother: nekotakkun

Daughter: emiluvsjmusic

Niece: masako053095

Crazy Neighbor: wolfdreamer
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

07-21-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIalchemist View Post
When I lived there it was unheard of,accually Japan's population is decreasing and parents are getting payed ¥50,000 just to have a second child,and even double for a third...so yeah.
Are you serious? I knew the population is decreasing, but are they really paying them after they have children? Wow, haha.

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
HIalchemist (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki808 View Post
one of my friends got pregnant her sophmore year.. atleast she kept the baby i remember having this lady come in my sophmore year and showing us how to put a condom on(she used this wooden thing) it was really awkward atleast we're learning about safe sex and abstinence
AAAAHAAAA,HA,HA,*cough*HAAAAA,A-A,wooden weiner! Thatz what I call 'stiff' I'd hate wakin up with that hard wood.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2007, 07:54 PM

The population may be decreasing,but at least they don't have that problem of teenager pregnant,which is very common at places like USA and Brazil.