JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Working in Japan? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/6565-working-japan.html)

Chriswiicked 07-27-2007 09:57 PM

Working in Japan?

post deleted :)

Nanuq 07-28-2007 01:03 AM

I can only speak for German citizens. And they can go to Japan for 90 days without visa, they can extend the validity up to 180 days. But if you are more than 180 days in Japan you will need a visa.

There are infos about the visa and other documents: Immigration to Japan

And if you want to open your own store or restaurant, I can imagine it's very difficult to get the necessary visa.

I know the situation from Iceland. And there you need a residence (contract), medical insurance and the contract with your employer (so it's not too easy to be an alien self-employed) and some documents more.

And in Japan the situation is not easier. Necessary is a university degree or several years of working experience.

RacerX 07-29-2007 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriswiicked (Post 190677)
Hi!

I'm new here ^^

I think its a great idea to open a store or a restaurant in Japan.
But what do i need? I think that ive read a thing about that you can not do something like that without working with Japanese people. And how do i get an Alien pasport? Is that difficult?

(sorry bad english, i am from belgium)

It is VERY difficult.

Nyororin 07-29-2007 05:36 AM

Before you worry about starting a business in Japan, I`d suggest looking into visas. It`s always best to take things one step at a time. Start with the most basic requirement of being able to live in Japan, and then move on to more complex things like business ventures.

Yes, it is something possible to do, but you need to first figure out the basics of living in Japan.

Abasio 07-29-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriswiicked (Post 190677)
Hi!

I'm new here ^^

I think its a great idea to open a store or a restaurant in Japan.
But what do i need? I think that ive read a thing about that you can not do something like that without working with Japanese people. And how do i get an Alien pasport? Is that difficult?

(sorry bad english, i am from belgium)

You will probably need a hell of a lot of money too!

Nanuq 08-06-2007 01:01 AM

But you can't separate the two things, visa and job. For some jobs you get the visa easier than for other jobs. But what we all want to say, that it is very difficult to build an own company in a foreign country, more difficult than to build it in your own country.

MMM 08-06-2007 09:02 PM

You will need to find a business partner in Japan. I am not sure what the names of these companies are, but it's basically like a loan company that will also go through the paperwork, governement forms, etc. I think it is impossible to do on your own.

mekisikojin 08-07-2007 04:53 AM

Hey everybody!

I have a question about working in Japan.

I've never been there though, im planning to go next year (march).However, in case i manage to go, i would like to stay from 1 to 2 months, but i don't think i'll be able to earn enough money, so i was thinking if it would be hard to get a part time job in order to stay more time.

thanks in advance

MMM 08-07-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekisikojin (Post 198268)
Hey everybody!

I have a question about working in Japan.

I've never been there though, im planning to go next year (march).However, in case i manage to go, i would like to stay from 1 to 2 months, but i don't think i'll be able to earn enough money, so i was thinking if it would be hard to get a part time job in order to stay more time.

thanks in advance

You cannot work legally with a tourist visa, and you can't get a work visa without a sponsor.

Seriously, your best bet is bringing a guitar and singing for you supper on a street-corner.

samokan 08-07-2007 05:31 AM

passing out flyers might work too :D