JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

Any British in Japan? - 08-05-2007, 09:58 AM

I'm just curious if there's anyone from Britain or America that have traveled to Japan and are living or are going to live there. I'm just curious as I am rather self concerned about what they may think of me if I move to Japan I mean it's not a huge fear of mine, as we have Japanese and all sorts over here in Britain. But still that doesn't exclude what they may think over in Japan, especially someone from the UK.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. -William Shakespeare
As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods;They kill us for their sport. - William Shakespeare
Who Dares Wins - British Special Air Service

(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

08-05-2007, 10:18 AM

They despise the British. Don't bother coming.

Just kidding, no one cares where you're from as long as you're not a chav.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

08-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
They despise the British. Don't bother coming.

Just kidding, no one cares where you're from as long as you're not a chav.
I think you could figure out that I'm not a chav by the way I write and type. lol. I certainly don't wear or act or have any chav friends (PRAISE THE LORD!) I take it you yourself are from the UK?

Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. -William Shakespeare
As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods;They kill us for their sport. - William Shakespeare

(#4 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

08-05-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm from the UK and i plan on going to Japan someday. I'm not worried, cause they dont mind where you're from. as long as your polite i think they'll like you =]
(#5 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

08-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Like most countries I'd say

(#6 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

08-05-2007, 10:41 AM

I'm from the US. I know plenty of Brit expats. That is how I've learned such fabulous words like chav and slag. Also phrases like, that girl looks like a slapped ass. Or how about, I couldn't really give a toss. Also I involuntary inject mate and cheers into about every other thing I say.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

08-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
I'm from the US. I know plenty of Brit expats. That is how I've learned such fabulous words like chav and slag. Also phrases like, that girl looks like a slapped ass. Or how about, I couldn't really give a toss. Also I involuntary inject mate and cheers into about every other thing I say.
Other phrases are it's the Dog's Bollocks (Menas its good) and Bollocks (shit or someone has just smacked me in the bollocks aka your balls) and hells bloody bells!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

08-05-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm from England & I've been living in Japan for 4 years.
British people have a good reputation (or stereotype) here so there shouldn't be any problem except from your hardcore wank stains (every country has them including Japan) but they are a small number here, at least ones with confidence to say or do anything
A lot of my American mates cop a lot of abuse from the Japanese, probably because of the proximity of the US base near this area. US army guys are probably why some Japanese people seem to have a strong dislike for Americans. But if you're British then I'm sure they'll love you. As long as you're not a chav
(#9 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

08-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Mate your an insperation to me thanks

(#10 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-06-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm british, coming up to 1.5 years.

Being british seems to be something a bit more interesting and 'cool', you say you're from London and you're stylish.

おれんとこ来ないか?