JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
buklao456 (Offline)
JF Regular

asian american wanting to go japanese college - 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM

this is going to be my last year in high school and i been thinking for some time now about going to a Japanese college but i don't know how to do it.

like would it be the same way of applying to any other college or is it different?

when my cousin came to the U.S from Laos for college they gave a semester to learn English so would they expect me to know Japanese or would they have a semester or two to teach me?

I know there are American college in Japan would that be easier get in to a plan Japanese college

Is there area in Japan were there is a lot of English speaker so it would be easier for me to live and get help?

Do you guy have any tips if i get there and do you guys recommend any college there?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

08-15-2007, 12:26 AM

You have to pass a special proficiency test to attend university in Japan as a foreign student. Of course univerisities with courses taught in English would deem that unnecessary, but those are rare. You can study Japanese in Japan until you pass the proficiency test, but even then university studies in a second language are always going to prove difficult because you simply don't have the same background as the other students.

Here is the test you need to take EJU-JASSO.

Last edited by jasonbvr : 08-15-2007 at 12:33 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
08-17-2007, 05:44 AM

look up this university Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University - Your Future in Mind, it's easy to get in and u can use a lot of english there
(#4 (permalink))
Old
buklao456 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-19-2007, 04:49 AM

jasonbvr thank for the info

cocoluvnihon Thanks ill consider Going to APU