JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   I live in Japan! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/759-i-live-japan.html)

Compaqmac321 04-26-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJup81 (Post 704703)
I'd wait for someone more informed to answer this fully, though. I've never been to Japan. I just know of clubs in those areas based on what I've come across.

ohhhhhhhh ok, i've heard the same as you then, i thought u've been thats why i got prematurely excited lol

Shadowwolf 05-04-2009 11:28 AM

going to japan and living here is quite expensive. if you want to live here you need to get a job quick. Theres quite a few places that would except english speakers but you need to know some japanese. They would like a english speaking person probably around tokyo since lots of english people are around.

nukiuchi 05-05-2009 06:47 AM

Hi, I love Japan and all and I'm wondering if you know any muslims in Japan (girls wearing hijabs) and how their life is.. any different than normal people in japan with how they are treating etc. and is it easy to get into japan through a scholarship program?

liquidfreedom88 05-27-2009 06:08 PM

i love Japan! wanna go there but... no budget T_T
How much is tropical fruits cost there? such as Mangoes, Banana, Pineapples?
or some like Melon? im REALLY CURIOUS. yea curious ^_^ thanks be4 btw~~

Thuglife 05-28-2009 07:30 AM

:confused:

The "I live in Japan" thread is pretty spartan, for a site called Japan Forum.

Nyororin 05-28-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thuglife (Post 723609)
:confused:

The "I live in Japan" thread is pretty spartan, for a site called Japan Forum.

Maybe because there is a whole area dedicated to "Living in Japan"?
There are plenty of other threads there.

Khengi 06-29-2009 10:57 PM

ニョロリンさん、僕は少し質問がある。聞いてもいい?

僕は17歳アメリカ人だ。日本語を2年間自分で勉強し ていて日本に行くのは素晴らしそうだろうなぁ!高校が 早く了したそして大学に早く入った。jlpt1が僕の夢が 本に住むるのはいいと思う。韓国語が私のお気に入り 語のに、日本語をだけした。

さぁ、僕の質問は多い。

まずは、ニョロリンさんの夫は日本人?またニョロリン さんの仕事は何だ?家庭保有者なら、ニョロリンさんの 仕事は羽振りのいいだと思う。家庭保有者はたくさんお 金があるはずの?

ありがとう~

sarasi 06-29-2009 11:13 PM

I think you'll find that Nyororin answered those questions (more than once) early on- yes, her husband is Japanese, and she takes care of her son so isn't working at the moment.

Your Japanese is pretty good for the short time you have studied, but "家庭保有者" doesn't appear in my dictionary- do you mean housewife or a stay-at-home mom? In that case the usual Japanese term is 主婦. Also you should refer to someone else's husband as "ご主人", rather than 夫, to show respect.

Khengi 06-29-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarasi (Post 739992)
I think you'll find that Nyororin answered those questions (more than once) early on- yes, her husband is Japanese, and she takes care of her son so isn't working at the moment.

Your Japanese is pretty good for the short time you have studied, but "家庭保有者" doesn't appear in my dictionary- do you mean housewife or a stay-at-home mom? In that case the usual Japanese term is 主婦. Also you should refer to someone else's husband as "ご主人", rather than 夫, to show respect.

ごめん。このスレは長いから、すべて読み終わらなかっ た。「家庭保有者」とは僕の奇警な言葉(笑)意味は「 Home-owner」だ。「Home-owner」の本物の言葉がわからねぇ・・・

すみません。「夫」を使っちゃった。あざーっす!

Chile 07-07-2009 08:33 PM

Nyororin, your story is very intriguing to me.
Having had a trying childhood, I have felt the desire to move myself, along my own terms, for a long time. Besides this, I have wanted to travel since I was very little. A dream is a hard thing. To talk about traveling to another country to live at 17 means inviting a lot of skepticism. I am sure that many of us know this.

I am nineteen years old, and newly graduated (last year). Right now I'm planning on going to University, and I am determined to do it in another country. My first choice is Japan. I am not certain, however, that I am ready to begin University at this very point in time; but I am certain that I want to experience life abroad. I'm beginning the collection of information on the subject here.

Maybe anyone can offer their advice or experience?
I have virtually no money, and have not for most of my life. My family has always struggled. This means I'm going it alone!
When you moved to Japan at 17, what did you find your expenses to be? What did you find you needed to prepare for? What were you experiences like? Admittedly I have not read every page of this thread. My questions may be a repeat. I am planning to live on my own, if that is feasible - using loans, grants, and scholarships.

Absolutely any information will be greatly appreciated. :glasses: