JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NekoNekoChan
01-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Well, I mostly deal with Romance stuff. I have a feminin side lol.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-24-2007, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNekoChan View Post
Right now, my main concern is, how exactly do you move to japan? I mean, marriage is one, but how do you permanently live there otherwise? Thanks for the help.(Yes, I plan on moving there someday. I'd like to move there early twenties...I'll be saving up my extra money until then...plus I want to get at least one manga published before I leave)
Well, other than marriage, schooling and working is another. The big point is to do something which gets you the type of visa you need to live here and that allows you to earn enough to live. With the educational visas, you need quite a huge chunk of money to begin with, but you would have schooling and the possibility of part time work.

With the employment visas, you`d need a 4 year degree. If you`re planning on going to Japan in your early 20s, that shouldn`t be too much of a problem.

As for getting a manga published... Unless you go the doujinshi route, good luck on that one.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

01-24-2007, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the help, nyororin! I'll do an employement visa.

On the topic of manga, I don't think they really have doujinshi in the u.s.
Copy right laws here probably wouldn't even allow it.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-25-2007, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the help, nyororin! I'll do an employement visa.

On the topic of manga, I don't think they really have doujinshi in the u.s.
Copy right laws here probably wouldn't even allow it.
Doujinshi only means "Independently published". It doesn`t mean anything other than that - Thinking that it`s fan art is a grave mistake.
Most manga artists publish doujinshi of their work before they`re syndicated.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

01-26-2007, 02:14 AM

Oh, really? I always thought doujinshi were fan comics. At least, that's what most Americans call it that. Cool, you learn something everyday
yeah, doujinshi isn't such a bad idea to me, I just want to get something out there. Sorta like the writer, at least, writers I know, they write for the art of writing, and then they want to share to the world what they are about. Same with myself, except I'd like to express myself through manga. The thing is, even now that I know what doujinshi is, there still really isn't any doujinshi here. Only people with contracts with people like tokyopop get there stuff published. I don't know how I would go about publishing it
(#126 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Nyororin and jasonbvr have lots of very useful information posted..

to join in, I also live and work in Japan. I've been here for 2 years already. Although the only information I know about the English-teaching community is from a friend of mine. I tried applying at schools, just for the sake of it, and they say that I am not a native english speaker so they did not accept me heheh, well there goes my attempt of being a teacher.

How to learn Japanese in a fast way? Join lots and lots of classes , japanese classes. Actually its cheaper learning Japanese here than at home because there are lots of volunteers willing to help you. Go to your local city hall and ask for a list of Japanese volunteer class. And interact with lots of Japanese and don't be shy speaking to them and ask them if they could correct your grammar, don't get irritated or angry if corrected but instead be greatly, you find that Japanese people are really helpful if you show them that you are interested and very much willing to learn.

In learning the language you have to have an idea which part of the language is your priority. In my case, I can't concetrate in all aspect like reading, writing and speaking as I have struggle also with work so the time being I concentrate in conversation/speaking and a bit of reading, and if I can familiarization in Kanji. It also help that I was sent to a client with no foreigner and no one can speak English. So my week was like work till friday , in all Japanese and then classes on Saturdays , Sunday was my only rest day where I talk with my friends.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

01-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Do you even need to go to school for teaching to be an english teacher? Or, can you go to art school, yet still be an english teacher in japan? Just wondering.

Life brings death.
Death brings eyes.
Each time we blink
we open our eyes again,
yet, when we blink our last
people will close their eyes and tear.

However, the death will cause people to eventually open their eyes once again.
Become stronger, strive to live as long as they can.
Life brings death.
Death Brings life.

Made by me in 30 seconds(or around there)
(#128 (permalink))
Old
SilverRowan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SilverRowan
01-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Hajimemashite. Is that right?? I'm learning Japanese, so I'm sorry if I did it wrong. What was it like in the beginning? How did you manage it? Many questions, sigh.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-28-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Do you even need to go to school for teaching to be an english teacher? Or, can you go to art school, yet still be an english teacher in japan? Just wondering.
Actually most of those who hired english teacher hired them because they have blond hair and blue eyes .. no actually some of them don't really know how to teach
(#130 (permalink))
Old
kariudo69 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kariudo69
wow! - 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM

wow im in awe of you and your courage, you really made it all by yourself! i wish i could do that! may i ask then how much does it cost now a days to fly to japan for about a month? do you know because my parents want to take me but were not sure if we can afford it >.< and how did you learn japanese fluent? im self teaching myself but it's not the same because im really not sure where i should be starting >.<

emily