JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
mariella (Offline)
New to JF

Question 04-10-2007, 03:31 PM

Hii, I'm a new member here but I have been reading here fore a time now so I tought I could register myself here... And I wanted to ask you some questions... I'm nearly 15 and I have been thinking to move to japan but I don't really know where exactly,( not to tokyo, it's to expensive to live there. Saad as it is ;s). I'm going to an university to study japanees in the summer so that I would learn japanees ( my plans would be to study japanees from the summer to the time i move to japan...) I wonder is there some work in japan that they need workers too... I really wouldn't like to bee an english teatcher, but if it would be the only way to move to japan etc ( but it's not, thank god.) I would do it... But do you know some education what would be "safe", you would get a good jobb easy ect... I had more questions but i forgotted them.. ^^''I hope you will understand something. I'm quite bad in english ^^'' And thanks fore everything you have been wroten here, It have been in BIG help :3. My countrys Embrassy of Japan is nasty and they don't want to tell me things about eg a visa...
(#192 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Hello,Mariella. Just pray for the best and hopefully everything'll turn out just the way u want them to.

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#193 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

04-11-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariella View Post
My country's Embassy of Japan is nasty and they don't want to tell me things about eg a visa...
May be because of your age. If you provide me with the country of which you are a citizen, I will do my best to investigate the requirements for obtaining a work visa.

I am a big advocate of education. I always recommend for those intent on living in Japan long term, to stay in their home country and get a good education there before coming here. It is the only way you will secure yourself a decent job and the necessary visa.

In general, you know Japan has a problem with not enough young persons to replace the number set to retire in the coming years, but the thing is they are not prepared to do the immigration reform to allow large numbers of foreigners to immigrate even as migrant workers. Until that day arrives, if it ever does arrive, those wishing to move here permanently will have to meet some strict requirements. In fact, instead of making it easier for foreigners some politicians are proposing laws that would make passing a certain level of Japanese proficiency to obtain work visas. I think this is actually a good idea. They need to add a culture quiz too.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
malainicolae (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I'm from Republic of Moldova, but now I'm living in Romania.
Send a message via Yahoo to malainicolae
04-12-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Or you could come live with me. :P

Oh, wait, that means you`d have to actually get to Japan first. And your parents would no doubt think I`m some sort of weird child molester or something. I`m 26...

We used to lend our spare room out, but last year a girl really wasted our time and screwed us over so we haven`t done so since. Never had anyone younger than 16 stay though.
It is very interesting, you are from?

I want also came in Japan, but for me it is only a dream.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
mariella (Offline)
New to JF

04-12-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm from Finland... I did never tell them my age and my mother did get the same ansers..... So i don't think its beacos my age......
(#196 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

04-13-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariella View Post
I'm from Finland... I did never tell them my age and my mother did get the same ansers..... So i don't think its beacos my age......
I see. I will do what investigating I can about the visa situation and reply. I do know that you can get a visa eventually. One of the teachers I know is from Finland. He is in the government's JET program. You will be able to come and work in Japan, but you may have to go to university first and be fluent in English.
(#197 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

04-13-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
Do you know if they have culture quizes for immagrants coming to the United States.
Migrant workers, no I don't think they have to take a quiz. In order to get US citzenship you would have to pass a test that quizzes you on American democracy. But I think they were either going to or already have changed the content of that test recently.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
StreetArena (Offline)
New to JF

04-18-2007, 07:32 AM

Hi Im new to the board, I just recently graduated from my music production studies and im thinking about taking my talents to japan. Im specialize in Hip Hop music production. I dont have a "Degree" but i did graduate at the top of my class from my private school. I am a canadian citizent, are there any special work permits that i can attain on a more creative level. I would however like to work part time while im there. And i plan to prepare and save money to do it right.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
ashskee (Offline)
New to JF

Okinawa - 04-25-2007, 05:59 AM

I have just moved back to the states from Okinawa where I lived for quite awhile. I went to Kadena High School and miss everything soooo much I never thought I would love it so much there but now when I am older I would like to go back. The states just aren't as cool ! I had been taking Japanese for 2 years but my new high school sucks and doesn't have it...would it be possible to get a job in Japan without speaking fluent Japanese? :S The people of Okinawa really are the best and they are so polite. The island is so beautiful really :]

I want to go back! *tear*
(#200 (permalink))
Old
Mabuikoneko (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mabuikoneko Send a message via MSN to Mabuikoneko
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)

If only I'm brave as you im afriad to travel and I really want to go to japan but japanese is hard for me because im learning on my own and don't take any language school (not to offend anyone in America but sorry America suck ) and im waiting to get out of this country

P.S Your so cool I wish I had you braveness