JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#301 (permalink))
Old
COnfidential (Offline)
Follow Your Bliss

05-28-2007, 09:21 PM

And another thing.
When im done with my education here in norway and can start working, If I choose to move to Japan would what ive educated myself in be enough to start up in the same line wich ive been educated in (When I get there I have learnt the language of course)And how much would the pay change If I ca work there, you see cause If I continue in the path im taking now I can get 504968.89 JPY each month (Ive transferred the pay from Norwegian kroners to Japanese Yen) But this pay is when I work in Norway... I think... :S if this is true I can live very well in Japan If I live outside of Tokyo... need some answers and alot of help, thank you
(#302 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-29-2007, 12:07 AM

Without being fluent in Japanese, I doubt you are going to find a job paying 500,000 yen a month.
(#303 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnfidential View Post
And another thing.
When im done with my education here in norway and can start working, If I choose to move to Japan would what ive educated myself in be enough to start up in the same line wich ive been educated in
Do you have a bachelor's degree (4 year degree)? A Norwegian can only visit Japan for up to 90 days on a Schengen visa. Otherwise you'll need to get a work visa, and you'll likely need a 4-year degree to get a decent job in Japan.
(#304 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-29-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnfidential View Post
How is the relationship between guys and girls beeing friends? is there alot of racial problems or difference between the genders?
I`ve never encountered a problem in my time here.

I imagine it would be strange for a married woman to spend a lot of time with some guy... it would be a bit suspicious... But for normal life? There is no weird division between the genders.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#305 (permalink))
Old
TegoshiKawaiiDesu (Offline)
TEGOMASS RULES!!

Location: Somewhere...... HAHAHA! I wish I lived in Japan, though..
Send a message via AIM to TegoshiKawaiiDesu
05-29-2007, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
To answer your questions:

- I am totally fluent, although my handwriting skills could use a little polishing. --; I`m good enough that no one can tell over the phone or intercom.
- I never use English, unless I am online or talking with someone else whose first language is English/can speak better English than Japanese... Which is around once every 3 months. Our home life is 100% in Japanese.
- Japanese citizenship is not an easy thing to get, I`m still in the paperwork stage. If you`re from one of the participating countries, you don`t even need a visa for a 3 month stay.
- I am not and have absolutely no plans to become an English teacher. (Although I did work part time as one for a bit to save money for our move. NEVER AGAIN!!!) If you actually want to learn Japanese and have a life... Do not, I repeat, DO NOT be an English teacher in Japan. You will be speaking simple English 99% of the day, and end up hanging out with other teachers all the time - you`d do better to stay at home and study alone. Plus it seems like most of the people who do come to Japan to be teachers hate Japan and just want to make a bunch of money to take home. Seriously, they all seem to bash Japan left and right.

- My life now is quite wonderful. We own a home with a YARD (A big thing in Japan), have lots of cool stuff, and I`m really truly happy.

Um...
can you translate this to me in romaji?:

Dear Brother,

I'd like to visit Japan soon, but I have to do my school work first. I should be able to visit about 2-3 years after college. How is it there? I've just recently heard about you. You're singing is great, and thanks to you and _____, I've discovered the new anime called "Lovely Complex." OHHHH... and... I've been DYING to ask: Did that girl from Gachi Baka really kiss you or was it fake? Just curious. ^_^ Right now, I'm trying my best in learning Japanese so that I'll be prepared when I go there. I can't believe I didn't see you in America three months ago! I lived SO close! Well, look forward to meeting me~!! Keep in touch, ok? Thanks!

Always,
_______

Don't CRY because it ENDED. SMILE Because it HAPPENED.

From my previous account, AnimeFreak:

Anime is like a relative...
You cry for it...
You yell at it...
And sometimes... you might even hate it...

Yep. I'm AnimeFreak. I forgot my pass and trying to reset my pass was confusing so I made a new acount.

Last edited by TegoshiKawaiiDesu : 05-29-2007 at 05:15 AM.
(#306 (permalink))
Old
TEGOMASS RULES!!

05-29-2007, 04:51 AM

Ohhhh and on top of tht, um...
about how much money do you think I should save befor going to Japan?

ive already thought everything out so if i missed some major points, cud u tell me?:

ok.. ive started to save money from special occasions.. ive done pen pals just incase i need help with going ther and needs to find a temporary home until i can live by myself.. im currently studying japanese though i need a bit of a kiddish explaination since im SOOO young.. younger than you would think because of how i talk in the Death Note thread... XD im starting at a young age to give me a lot of time to prepare myself and about 2-3 years after college to organize my plans... ive thought of some back-up jobs i could do seriously after earning enough money from minor jobs i could take wen im just a beginner in japan.. and... thts wer it all ends XD

i heard from my former neighbor tht she went to japan and got bullied several times... is spmething like this really true? she is an old woman.. but she got beaten up.. u can actually see her scars.. v_v im afraid of tht.. and i heard a horrible rumor tht women would b safer if she dresses as a guy at night....

You cry for it...
You yell at it...

Yep. I'm AnimeFreak. I forgot my pass and trying to reset my pass was confusing so I made a new acount.

Last edited by TegoshiKawaiiDesu : 05-29-2007 at 05:13 AM.
(#307 (permalink))
Old
TEGOMASS RULES!!

05-29-2007, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It is highly possible if you take intensive summer courses - which not all universities offer. Otherwise, it`s generally pretty difficult with homework later on.
I managed to get my degree (Majored in Linguistics, minor in Child Development - thesis was on second language acquisition.) in 3 years. I crammed every prerequisite I could manage into the first year, and tested out of as many as I could. I don`t think I actually studied anything related to my degree in the first year.

um... at what age did u do this?

You cry for it...
You yell at it...

(#308 (permalink))
Old
Christiansen (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2007, 09:55 PM

hola, como estas?. Muchos saludos desde Chile.
(#309 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-30-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TegoshiKawaiiDesu View Post
Um...
can you translate this to me in romaji?:
I can, but I won`t. If you`re writing to a penpal/anyone really, you`re responsible for doing the work yourself. Stumble through it with what you already know, and look things up when you don`t know them. That`s how you learn.

Quote:
Ohhhh and on top of tht, um...
about how much money do you think I should save befor going to Japan?
That really depends upon what you are going to be doing, where you are going to be living, etc etc. Obviously, you`ll need money for the plane, and enough money to live and do whatever you plan to do. Until those things are set, I can`t really even give you an estimate.

Quote:
ok.. ive started to save money from special occasions.. ive done pen pals just incase i need help with going ther and needs to find a temporary home until i can live by myself.. im currently studying japanese though i need a bit of a kiddish explaination since im SOOO young.. younger than you would think because of how i talk in the Death Note thread...
Sorry, I haven`t read that thread (not particularly interested) but you sound pretty young either way.

Quote:
XD im starting at a young age to give me a lot of time to prepare myself and about 2-3 years after college to organize my plans... ive thought of some back-up jobs i could do seriously after earning enough money from minor jobs i could take wen im just a beginner in japan.. and... thts wer it all ends XD
Are those your plans *until* you come to Japan? Because those are the most important of all the plans - you can pretty much work things out here once you`ve saved the money and gotten here... In fact, I doubt the plans you make without actually being in Japan will come all that close to reality. It just never works that way. However, the plans you make for your current environment are much easier to follow through because of much less unknown.

Quote:
i heard from my former neighbor tht she went to japan and got bullied several times... is spmething like this really true? she is an old woman.. but she got beaten up.. u can actually see her scars.. v_v im afraid of tht.. and i heard a horrible rumor tht women would b safer if she dresses as a guy at night....
I have definitely never heard of old women being beaten up at night - at least as any sort of regular occurrence. When was this? If it were when she was young, that sounds a lot more plausible. I walk around just fine at night, dressed as my female self, as does pretty much every other woman here. Dressing up as a man at night is a new one to me.

Chances are, you`re safer in Japan than in your own country. That doesn`t mean there is NO crime in Japan, or that bad things don`t happen - it just means that there is most likely a statistically higher chance of something bad happening to you in your own country. (With a few exceptions, like Sweden? I think.)

(#310 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-30-2007, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TegoshiKawaiiDesu View Post
um... at what age did u do this?
At what age did I do college? From 22 to 25 for the degree.

At what age did I plan it out and come to Japan? I started planning it out at 16, and actually came to Japan a bit after turning 17.