JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#311 (permalink))
Old
TegoshiKawaiiDesu (Offline)
TEGOMASS RULES!!

Location: Somewhere...... HAHAHA! I wish I lived in Japan, though..
Send a message via AIM to TegoshiKawaiiDesu
05-30-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I can, but I won`t. If you`re writing to a penpal/anyone really, you`re responsible for doing the work yourself. Stumble through it with what you already know, and look things up when you don`t know them. That`s how you learn.

That really depends upon what you are going to be doing, where you are going to be living, etc etc. Obviously, you`ll need money for the plane, and enough money to live and do whatever you plan to do. Until those things are set, I can`t really even give you an estimate.

Sorry, I haven`t read that thread (not particularly interested) but you sound pretty young either way.

Are those your plans *until* you come to Japan? Because those are the most important of all the plans - you can pretty much work things out here once you`ve saved the money and gotten here... In fact, I doubt the plans you make without actually being in Japan will come all that close to reality. It just never works that way. However, the plans you make for your current environment are much easier to follow through because of much less unknown.

I have definitely never heard of old women being beaten up at night - at least as any sort of regular occurrence. When was this? If it were when she was young, that sounds a lot more plausible. I walk around just fine at night, dressed as my female self, as does pretty much every other woman here. Dressing up as a man at night is a new one to me.

Chances are, you`re safer in Japan than in your own country. That doesn`t mean there is NO crime in Japan, or that bad things don`t happen - it just means that there is most likely a statistically higher chance of something bad happening to you in your own country. (With a few exceptions, like Sweden? I think.)
thankx XD the old woman told us the story wen she was old... she was beaten up wen she younger... its good to hear that japan isnt as harsh as wt ppl told me.. XD

the plans r for bfor i go to japan... i need to save up more money bfor going to japan, thts y... my friends and family r going to support me by helping me out on getting a job.. they will not lend me money... as usual... so the least they can do is help me find a job... it will probably take about 2-3 years even after college for me to b satisfied with the money ive earned... plus, the rent for a possible apartment i might have at the age will decrease the money i earn so i would definately need to work for more than a year.. its hard work, but i never back down on my ambition... and i dont want to start to chicken out now... i will work hard to go to japan no matter what!!

well, then, thank you for your help! ^_^

Don't CRY because it ENDED. SMILE Because it HAPPENED.

From my previous account, AnimeFreak:

Anime is like a relative...
You cry for it...
You yell at it...
And sometimes... you might even hate it...

Yep. I'm AnimeFreak. I forgot my pass and trying to reset my pass was confusing so I made a new acount.
(#312 (permalink))
Old
Bella (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bella
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM

wow Nyororin you're my hero
I just read your story and im happy
you found happiness you deserved it.

You cleared a lot of things for me, now i know
that i could only stay for 3 months (im from Usa)
I would love to live there but it sounds difficult
now , but its worth a try.
How could i find a place to stay at, or a family that
would allow me to stay with them?

How much is 30,000 yen in American money?
Another question arent Japanese Family very strict
about Japanese marrying a Foreigner? I would love
to marry a Japanese guy
if you dont mind i would like to talk to you more ,
you could help me out a lot .
(#313 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-30-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post

to marry a Japanese guy
Well, if you'd like to live in Japan for awhile, it all comes down to visas.

If you're a student, you can study abroad. I lived with a Japanese family in Nagoya for a year while studying abroad there - many study abroad programs have homestay programs where you can live with a family in Japan. It was one of the best times in my life - I'm heading back to Japan to work after I graduate.

Otherwise, you'll likely have to graduate from a university with a 4-year bachelor's degree to get a job in Japan.

Because of visa requirements, these are quite likely your only options. You need to either be a student wanting to study in Japan, or be able to get a job in Japan that will qualify for a working visa.

Not having a visa limits you to 90 days in Japan.

However, there is a third option, since you bring up marrying a Japanese person. Marrying a Japanese national will allow you to get a spousal visa, which in turn allows you to stay in Japan.

¥30,000 JPY is approximately $250 USD.

Concerning how 'strict' families are, it really depends on the family. Japanese families are a lot more open-minded than they used to be, but still many Japanese parents are hesitant to let their son or daughter marry a foreigner. However, after the foreigner meets and gets to know the parents, they usually change their mind. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Last edited by Hatredcopter : 05-30-2007 at 08:16 AM.
(#314 (permalink))
Old
Bella (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bella
05-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
Well, if you'd like to live in Japan for awhile, it all comes down to visas.

If you're a student, you can study abroad. I lived with a Japanese family in Nagoya for a year while studying abroad there - many study abroad programs have homestay programs where you can live with a family in Japan. It was one of the best times in my life - I'm heading back to Japan to work after I graduate.

Otherwise, you'll likely have to graduate from a university with a 4-year bachelor's degree to get a job in Japan.

Because of visa requirements, these are quite likely your only options. You need to either be a student wanting to study in Japan, or be able to get a job in Japan that will qualify for a working visa.

Not having a visa limits you to 90 days in Japan.

However, there is a third option, since you bring up marrying a Japanese person. Marrying a Japanese national will allow you to get a spousal visa, which in turn allows you to stay in Japan.

¥30,000 JPY is approximately $250 USD.

Concerning how 'strict' families are, it really depends on the family. Japanese families are a lot more open-minded than they used to be, but still many Japanese parents are hesitant to let their son or daughter marry a foreigner. However, after the foreigner meets and gets to know the parents, they usually change their mind. I wouldn't worry too much about it
Thanks!!! im thinking of studying in Japan
but i still dont know what i want to major in!
I doubt i'll find my Prince Charming in 90 days
unless i stay there and study
30,000 Yen is 250 i thought it was going to be
a lot more. i would love to do that whole stay
with a family but im really nervous with that cause im
really shy
So are you going to stay and live in Japan?
(#315 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
wow Nyororin you're my hero
I just read your story and im happy
you found happiness you deserved it.
Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
You cleared a lot of things for me, now i know
that i could only stay for 3 months (im from Usa)
I would love to live there but it sounds difficult
now , but its worth a try.
I was lucky, my friend introduced me to her mother and I stayed with her family. I really don`t have any good suggestions about finding a family willing to let you stay. I guess that comes down to luck and connections. If you have any Japanese friends, drop the hint that you`re interested in going to Japan, but don`t know where you`d stay, etc. Maybe ask if they knew anyone who might let you stay for a few weeks, etc.
If you don`t have any Japanese friends/connections in Japan then it is going to be a lot harder, so I can`t really offer any advice in that area.

As for rent, etc, if you live alone... you`d be better off going through a program if you`re young.

Quote:
Try typing "30,000 yen in dollars" in Google.

Quote:
to marry a Japanese guy
If you want to marry a Japanese guy *because* he`s Japanese, then I`d suggest you do some more thinking. I didn`t marry my husband because he`s Japanese. I married him because I fell in love with him - and he just happened to be Japanese. I am quite strongly against marrying because of some specific trait (be it race, nationality, etc). Marry for love, not because it would be cool to be married to someone Japanese.

As for a family being strict - I think that really all does depend on the family. I think families are often more cautious than anything. It seems more international marriages end in disaster than not. (Largely because it`s pretty common to marry because it`s "international" and not for true love.) It`s only natural that a family would want their child to avoid that sort of problem later on.

Quote:
if you dont mind i would like to talk to you more ,
you could help me out a lot .
Feel free to ask away.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#316 (permalink))
Old
Takushimazu (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2007, 10:52 AM

Oh.. After reading this thread I think this is the correct place to post

I started my own thread but it seems the people I want to talk to are all on this one!

My original thread is about:

"
I want to ask people so much about Japan! I recently went to 尼崎市 near to 大阪市 and I loved everything about my time there.

The reason I made this thread is that I wanted to ask people "How do you move to Japan??" ..I am quite young and I currently have a Japanese fiancé. I want to live in 尼崎市 but reading all about Visas and things, also this is my first time having my own place also I feel I should mention.. 私は外国人です。I have so much to ask.. if you are reading this and live in Japan.. please help me? ..any advice will be much appreciated!

たくさんより "

please help me?
(#317 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takushimazu View Post
Oh.. After reading this thread I think this is the correct place to post

I started my own thread but it seems the people I want to talk to are all on this one!

My original thread is about:

"
I want to ask people so much about Japan! I recently went to 尼崎市 near to 大阪市 and I loved everything about my time there.

The reason I made this thread is that I wanted to ask people "How do you move to Japan??" ..I am quite young and I currently have a Japanese fiancé. I want to live in 尼崎市 but reading all about Visas and things, also this is my first time having my own place also I feel I should mention.. 私は外国人です。I have so much to ask.. if you are reading this and live in Japan.. please help me? ..any advice will be much appreciated!

たくさんより "

please help me?
I spotted your original thread...

You move to Japan by getting the proper visa and settling here.
You say you have a Japanese fiance. (I`m presuming you`re female? If you`re male, you`d use fiancee) Do you actually see this as ending up in marriage? If you`re very young, there is a lot of doubt there. But if you really feel the relationship is stable, and will be going on to marriage, then that is a path in itself.

Also - just a pet peeve. You never put さん on your own name.

(#318 (permalink))
Old
Takushimazu (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I spotted your original thread...

You move to Japan by getting the proper visa and settling here.
You say you have a Japanese fiance. (I`m presuming you`re female? If you`re male, you`d use fiancee) Do you actually see this as ending up in marriage? If you`re very young, there is a lot of doubt there. But if you really feel the relationship is stable, and will be going on to marriage, then that is a path in itself.

Also - just a pet peeve. You never put さん on your own name.
oh.. I am still learning Japanese.. so I didn't know about the "-さん" thing.. I never say it but I thought using it in letters would be the same as English? like at the end of a letter you would write "Yours sincerely, Mr. Shimazu"?

Also.. I am male. I didn't use the correct word because I am not good with french And to answer your questions I do think that my relationship with my fiancee will result in marrige because we have both talked about it alot.

Thank you for replying so quickly.. but still you haven't anwered my questions?
(#319 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takushimazu View Post
oh.. I am still learning Japanese.. so I didn't know about the "-さん" thing.. I never say it but I thought using it in letters would be the same as English? like at the end of a letter you would write "Yours sincerely, Mr. Shimazu"?
It isn`t. You really never use it with your own name.

Quote:
Thank you for replying so quickly.. but still you haven't anwered my questions?
I did answer your question - you asked how you moved to Japan. I answered - "You move to Japan by getting the proper visa and settling here." Which is really the answer. You can`t live in Japan without 1) Having a proper visa and 2)Actually being here.

What you need to do is look into the type of visa you could get, and if there aren`t any that are open to you, look into what you will need in order to be able to get one.

(#320 (permalink))
Old
Takushimazu (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2007, 12:52 PM

What I was actually looking for was a less vague answer... I was already aware that I would need a Visa and to actually be there.

...maybe I should just wait until someone replies to my thread? ..as I am looking for more detailed answers.