JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#401 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
06-22-2007, 05:17 AM

I was about to ask you which city in the UK it was, but prices are generally the same throughout the 4 countries, except on accommodation which varies depending on the size and popularity of the location.
I'm surprised to see Moscow being more expensive than Tokyo, I never thought of a Russian city as being expensive for some reason.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#402 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-22-2007, 05:28 AM

wow im suprised there isnt a u.s. city up towards the top only ny at 16 some of the cities and states have very different cost of living
(#403 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
06-22-2007, 05:35 AM

The U.S dollar is nearly half of a UK pound, so I wouldn't expect one to be there.
But then again, I've only ever been to a few places in North Carolina, but that was still quite cheap compared to over here.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#404 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-22-2007, 05:39 AM

well i mean like i used to live in hunnington beach ca and moved to oklahoma city and everything is cheaper cause the cost of living is it like that in the cities or somthing are there regulations for prices?
(#405 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
i was wondering in the u.s. there are asian communities are there english communities in japan? like english stores and stuff
Somehow I missed this in the shower of messages posted in here.

I only know of one actual community like that, *supposedly*, in Kobe. I`ve never been there, and have no experience with it at all (other than being an interpreter for the little snobs that live there)....

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#406 (permalink))
Old
Nanobrain (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Nanobrain
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM

I have a question for you Nyororin. I `m currently in Japan in Hachioji Tokyo and I don`t know where to look for a job. Do you have any advice where should I look? I don`t care what kind of job is, any job will do .
(#407 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

06-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanobrain View Post
I have a question for you Nyororin. I `m currently in Japan in Hachioji Tokyo and I don`t know where to look for a job. Do you have any advice where should I look? I don`t care what kind of job is, any job will do .
What is your visa status and what are you qualifications (Japanese level, education)?
(#408 (permalink))
Old
Sessaline (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Sessaline
Smile Hello - 06-27-2007, 11:42 AM

Hello. My name is Sessaline and I find that you have a interesting life and I would like to know more bout you and be your penpal. I know little Japanese and hope you can teach me. Hope to hear from you. My email is autumncutie87@hotmail.com
(#409 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
06-27-2007, 01:14 PM

I am interested in moving to japan someday. I have been very fasinated by japan.

As for working visa's I saw on a few places that you could either have a degree or at least 2 years experience in a field. Is this true?

Oh and what about earthquakes. I remember one earthquake in new york some time ago (aprox. 7 or 8 years ago) wasn't very fun

I am currently learning Japanese and have been doing so for about 2 months on my own. I understand the grammar pretty much now but I have a very limited vocabulary. Me and my friend speak to eachother in japanese all the time and try not to use too much english unless we don't know how to say something. So far I have been able to almost speak in a whole conversation useing almost no english.

The only drawback I am having from this is that I have been pronoucing English words like Japanese ones.

This topic has been very helpful to me so far.

Last edited by Gorotsuki : 06-27-2007 at 01:22 PM.
(#410 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

06-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Please refer to Papers? We don't need no stinking Papers! for visa related questions and comments.