JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#521 (permalink))
Old
mn00 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to mn00 Send a message via Yahoo to mn00
12-17-2007, 06:40 PM

Yeah... I really want to study the japanese language and culture, so I am planining to study abroad through my university for a semester but I have so many other personal problems that's getting in my way. 'sigh' If I finally able to go then I would probably stay in a host family because I guess it will help my language, but I am bit scared about that. Also, one other problem is that I am a mongolian citizen studying in the US, so I have to go back to my country and get a visa. I dont know how long will it take and stuff. so.. I think I might be able to go in 09. I am going to start learning the language as soon as possible. I dont have questions just sharing my thoughts
(#522 (permalink))
Old
zuhaibpak (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to zuhaibpak Send a message via Yahoo to zuhaibpak
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM

i m also lover of japan n japanese frends wish that i want be a japanese n once really visit their well m looking for japanese frends so all japanese here plzzzzzzzzz contact me ok i will wait by the way happy new yar to allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
(#523 (permalink))
Old
zeldalover (Offline)
JF Regular

12-17-2007, 09:21 PM

is there really beutiful parks filled with nothing but cherry blossom trees? it sounds really pretty....

I love saria-chan.......
(#524 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-23-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
is there really beutiful parks filled with nothing but cherry blossom trees? it sounds really pretty....
Sure there are. But they only bloom for about a week each year. The rest of the time they`re just normal looking trees.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#525 (permalink))
Old
Zuhyc (Offline)
New to JF

12-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Can anybody send me some pictures about he Japanese culture? i want to show them to my sis because she loves Japan! (so do i ^^)
(#526 (permalink))
Old
Ellextra (Offline)
New to JF

Talking 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Hello Nyororin

It's a nice story you have here. I left my home at 15 to learn the other national language of my country: Belgium.
It wasn't easy for French and Dutch are so different. And even if it s the same country, the culture is very different. Anyway I think we'll split soon...
It does not matter since I have been living in London for 3 years.
My case is bit odd. I am an adopted Korean girl. It's hard in the sense that I look 100% asian, but I ve been brought up the european way. i came here when I was 4months old.
To be more confusing I can speak fluent French-dutch and my spanish is almost fluent.
English I dont count it, it s like a "natural" language, like you are born with it.

I m naturally attracted to Asia. not Korea strangely enough. I like Japanese language better, and the culture in general. It took me a few years to realize I was NOT european. it's bit like Tarzan being brought up with monkeys, it took time to realize it was not one. Not that europeans are monkeys please I did not say that.

The feeling is belonging, the attachment to culture is absent in my conception. I am so not what and where I am supposed to be, I have freed myself from this. It allows me to move on. It does not mean i m mercenary wandering around with no respect . It's hard to define. i d be glad to discuss this with someone like me.

Sorry, it s bit long now. What I wanted to say. i m coming the whole month of January, on my own. First in Tokyo, i d love to see Hokkaido. i dont speak japanese, although I spent the last month learning the hiragana and katakana and basic grammar. I just can say that I find it easier than I thought.
I hope I can just sit there in the corner and observe people, listen to them etc. I m bit scared about the fact that adoption is not very common in Japan ne?

I secretely hope I can work there one day. I work in the hospitality industry in London, but I have competed this summer in the Asia Pacific best bartender comp in Singapore. Japanese work so well, unbelievable.
I also met someone there, hopefully I can see him. communication is hard, as he is english is poor as well.
If i see him, I look in his eyes and he understands, but on messenger, it s a cata.

Where about are you? is it a nice area of Japan I should visit as well.
Do you know how long it would take me on the train to see Hokkaido? Also is Okinawa very far?

(I think it s great you want to help people)
happy new year!
(#527 (permalink))
Old
fz22gq (Offline)
New to JF

01-06-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhyc View Post
Can anybody send me some pictures about he Japanese culture? i want to show them to my sis because she loves Japan! (so do i ^^)
Visit my site for a few pics on life in Japan. If there's anything specific you want just ask.

It's all written here, everything i see and do in Japan, stop by for a look at ---->>>>The Duck in Japan
(#528 (permalink))
Old
Shaunyac (Offline)
New to JF

01-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Hey, im brand new to the forum and its REALLY interesting to see people who've moved and want to move to Japan. Id like to move to Japan in a few years. Need to go to college and the University. I was going to study English and teach it there but what other jobs are there for foreigners to do? Im trying my best to learn Japanese atm, and ill probably be much better by the time i want to move to Japan but are there any jobs that dont require so much Japanese language knowledge? And also, how hard is it to actually OWN a house there? If i search for Japanese property its all rental? DO you have to have the money or can you get a mortage like in the UK? Sorry i talked so long but i have so much to ask ^^. Thanks in advance Nice to know people have the same interest as me.
(#529 (permalink))
Old
uchimizu (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2008, 04:29 PM

Hi,

you may want to have a look at my blog (link in my signature). I am still in the process of fully translating it into English (most of the content is already translated). You may find a few more pictures in the French pages though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhyc View Post
(#530 (permalink))
Old
Thuglife (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2008, 01:20 AM

I have pictures of some of my classes on my Blog

Chris's English School. Yanai, Japan

By the way,
I almost never hit this site so if you have any questions just leave a message on the blog.

Aloha!

Last edited by Thuglife : 01-21-2008 at 01:53 AM.