JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   I live in Japan! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/759-i-live-japan.html)

Nyororin 09-09-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henbaka (Post 579452)
So... Almost 15 hours on planes later, I now arrived in Tokyo. Damn, it's hothothot!! (atleast a big. fkn. difference. from where I came from, and when carrying around 3 big ass bags it tends to get worse)

Sitting by an AC now tho, so it's all good :)

Pfft. You got here after the humidity is gone.
Believe me, if you think it`s bad now, imagine slightly higher temps with 90% humidity. This weather is NICE. :D

Kai13 09-09-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henbaka (Post 579452)
So... Almost 15 hours on planes later, I now arrived in Tokyo. Damn, it's hothothot!! (atleast a big. fkn. difference. from where I came from, and when carrying around 3 big ass bags it tends to get worse)

Sitting by an AC now tho, so it's all good :)

That's great! :D
Why did you went? To go on vacations? To study...?

Henbaka 09-09-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 579470)
Pfft. You got here after the humidity is gone.
Believe me, if you think it`s bad now, imagine slightly higher temps with 90% humidity. This weather is NICE. :D

Haha .) Well, I can understand that it can be more extreme...but it was surely hot enough for me today! Anyways now that I've settled in, I can actually enjoy the nice weather.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai13 (Post 579484)
That's great! :D
Why did you went? To go on vacations? To study...?

I'm here on exchange studies (Univ).

Dooshy 09-09-2008 08:12 PM

living conditions?

what is a good job that i can do in japan?
and how is the living conditions?

i plan to move to Japan with my frriend soon
and i need a basic information about the living conditions and job opprtunities.

Nyororin 09-09-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooshy (Post 580067)
what is a good job that i can do in japan?
and how is the living conditions?

i plan to move to Japan with my frriend soon
and i need a basic information about the living conditions and job opprtunities.

The best basic advice?
Do some research before you decide that you`re going to move somewhere. If you know little to nothing about living conditions, I have to wonder why you`re planning to move to Japan at all.

Dooshy 09-09-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 580319)
The best basic advice?
Do some research before you decide that you`re going to move somewhere. If you know little to nothing about living conditions, I have to wonder why you`re planning to move to Japan at all.

i know. thats why i'm trying to do my research now.
and by soon i mean in about 2-3 years.

but i still need help and information, so can you help me?

Nyororin 09-10-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooshy (Post 580340)
i know. thats why i'm trying to do my research now.
and by soon i mean in about 2-3 years.

but i still need help and information, so can you help me?

I`m sure I can help, but only if you ask something more specific.

Although I would still like to know exactly why so many people decide that they`re going to go and live in Japan despite knowing virtually nothing about the place.

Henbaka 09-10-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 580479)
I`m sure I can help, but only if you ask something more specific.

Although I would still like to know exactly why so many people decide that they`re going to go and live in Japan despite knowing virtually nothing about the place.

This is just a guess, but I think mainly it can be that it's so different. People often like to try new things, get a change in their daily life and routines, etcetera. I'm sure Japan, for most westerners, really seems like such a place.

Atleast that's why I went here after highschool, three years ago. I didn't know much, or rather hardly anything about how the country worked. For me, that was some of the charm of the whole thing. But I didn't (and wouldn't probably) move here like that. For me it was just a fun few months.

Anyways, this time I'd bet I'll learn alot more about "the real" Japan, since I'm here for a year. Looking forward to it.

You "real" Tokyoites can laugh at me, but I still think it's way hot at the moment! Can't wait for the winter... ;)

Nyororin 09-10-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henbaka (Post 580526)
You "real" Tokyoites can laugh at me, but I still think it's way hot at the moment! Can't wait for the winter... ;)

:exballoon: I don`t live in Tokyo - never have, and never will.

In regards to the going to Japan bit - I don`t see anything strange or wrong about wanting to visit a place, to see what things are like, or to simply try something new.

It`s the desire to (often permanently) live in Japan without knowing much of anything about the country, let alone actually having visited that makes me raise my eyebrows.

Henbaka 09-10-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 580599)
:exballoon: I don`t live in Tokyo - never have, and never will.

In regards to the going to Japan bit - I don`t see anything strange or wrong about wanting to visit a place, to see what things are like, or to simply try something new.

It`s the desire to (often permanently) live in Japan without knowing much of anything about the country, let alone actually having visited that makes me raise my eyebrows.

Oh, well, but the weather of Tokyo, I'm sure, is not just confined to Tokyo ;)

Yeah... Well, you gotta take into account that these people are most often young and may not choose their words so carefully, or they can have a different idea of what "moving there" or "living there" might be... They might not always think of it in such definite terms as you'd guess. Also, yunno, there might not be much commitments keeping them at home..

I'm just saying we don't have to worry about protecting the guys/gals that say they wanna move and live somewhere (Japan in this case). Even if they're not fully prepared they should land on their feet :)