JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#821 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-12-2008, 04:44 AM

I just gotta say, Meiji Jingu: wow!!

Last time I was in Tokyo I never really went in there, today I walked around for a few hours... damn, that such places exist in the middle (well maybe not exactly in the middle...) of a city like Tokyo..

This is going to be a frequent hangout place for me =) Btw, anyone know if it's allowed/ok to walk around there in evening/nighttime also?

なんでやねん!
(#822 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

09-12-2008, 05:15 AM

Their business hours seem to change according to the season. How Shinto that is!

For September, it's open 5:20 am -5:20 pm

http://www.meijijingu.or.jp/
(#823 (permalink))
Old
Tain (Offline)
JF Regular

09-12-2008, 07:11 AM

@Nyororin
ahh, you live close to nagoya? how do you like it? my friend started living there a while ago, i still need to visit him.
(#824 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

09-12-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
@Nyororin
ahh, you live close to nagoya? how do you like it? my friend started living there a while ago, i still need to visit him.

I'm not Nyororin, but I actually think that Nagoya is one of the most livable large cities in the world.
(#825 (permalink))
Old
Msterbeau (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Msterbeau Send a message via Yahoo to Msterbeau
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
In Nagoya, the fringes of Osu and the backstreets around Sakae have quite a bit. I am not too up to date these days as I`m not really involved in going out all that much - having a kid does that to you - but I doubt things have changed too drastically.
Thanks. I'll have to consult with people from work and figure out where those areas are. I know what you mean about kids. My daughters are back home with their mom (We're apart.) When I have them, which is often, there's no going out to clubs, etc...
(#826 (permalink))
Old
sakumi23 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-13-2008, 07:58 AM

wow!!interesting story!!!welll...I want to go to japan...I'm planning on studying there...but I don't know if I'll succed...

If you ever want to die remember that you have a dream and you have to live on to make it come true!!
~Member of the Hello kitty clan~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLan+~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb+~
(#827 (permalink))
Old
dreamate1979 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to dreamate1979
The one who gives in abundance is at your watch! - 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Hello,

Many thanks for being the type of person u're. Many people who get better forget their history and can't help ones in need. Am planing to come to Japan and I think you could be a wonderful person for me. Please keepon your ways cause more opportunities to come as you lender help to the needy. The one who gives in abundance is at your watch!!!

Henry.
hmelanin@she.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
(#828 (permalink))
Old
megliodopo (Offline)
New to JF

techno japan - 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM

take a look to my last travel in japan

YouTube - Techno Japan disco/acid/trance/remix/dance/rave/remix
(#829 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm spending three months in Japan (going there at the end of November) and I'd like to work there as well. Would it be possible for me to score a job within that short time frame? Temporary jobs that last about a week or two (so I can also spend time travelling)? I was thinking of something along the lines of English assistance. I am a Japanese citizen so this may make things less complicated.
(#830 (permalink))
Old
AntiCitizen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-22-2008, 04:44 PM

wow you americans/japanese are well hospitable letting random people stay at your house. In england you'd be lucky to get a smile back
from somebody let alone free accomodation although one of my life ambitions if i become big in the film industry is to make some films in japan, last samurai was good, but its mostly anime really

If you're japanese and live in the Uk email me as i would like a language exchange partner
ddart1@pcad.ac.uk